Grave of General John F. Reynolds

infomanpa

1st Lieutenant
Lancaster, PA. It's only an hour from where I live, but I finally got there. Interestingly, the monument inscription which is almost worn away has been re-engraved on a stone placed in 1989 at the foot of the main monument.
20190429_143950.jpg

Last edited:
Been there several times... too bad most Pennsylvanians today don't recognize the contribution of this most storied of the Keystone State's native sons.

Thanks for posting the photograph of this gravesite of General Reynolds. I am so surprised that a member of the Lancaster civil war community has not contributed money for the cleaning of the General's monument. What is the name of the cemetery? Thank You. David.

Thanks for posting the photograph of this gravesite of General Reynolds. I am so surprised that a member of the Lancaster civil war community has not contributed money for the cleaning of the General's monument. What is the name of the cemetery? Thank You. David.

The Reynolds family plot is located in the very simply named, Lancaster Cemetery. John's brother, William, the admiral (you can see the green anchor on his tomb on the right), and his parents are also there.

Lancaster, PA. It's only an hour from where I live, but I finally got there. Interestingly, the monument inscription which is almost worn away has been re-engraved on a stone placed in 1989 at the foot of the main monument.
View attachment 305116
Were any of the Generals at Gettysburg (later) buried at Gettysburg? It would seem appropriate for Reynolds for certain.

Back