Modern Grasshopper Pie

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Another delicious and favorite pie in my family is Grasshopper Pie. It was invented in 1950s, as that was time when chiffon pies became very popular. The name is borrowed from a popular green-colored cocktail also "invented" at the time.

Grasshopper Pie

2 dozen marshmallows
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 pint whipping crème
1 1/2 ounces crème de cocoa
1 1/2 ounces crème de menthe

Mix melted butter with chocolate crumbs and line the pie plate. Melt marshmallows in top of double boiler, cool and add liqueurs. Whip cream, then fold into other mixture. Pour into pie shell and put in freezer until ready to serve.

Recipe from: "Entertaining The Louisville Way", The Queens Daughters,1969.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Another delicious and favorite pie in my family is Grasshopper Pie. It was invented in 1950s, as that was time when chiffon pies became very popular. The name is borrowed from a popular green-colored cocktail also "invented" at the time.

Grasshopper Pie

2 dozen marshmallows
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 pint whipping crème
1 1/2 ounces crème de cocoa
1 1/2 ounces crème de menthe

Mix melted butter with chocolate crumbs and line the pie plate. Melt marshmallows in top of double boiler, cool and add liqueurs. Whip cream, then fold into other mixture. Pour into pie shell and put in freezer until ready to serve.

Recipe from: "Entertaining The Louisville Way", The Queens Daughters,1969.
I haven't had one of these in a long time,have to really try and have a slice real soon.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)