Grant "Grant" -New 2020 Mini Series Coming Soon! Directed by Leonardo DiCaprio

They said soon. I wonder what that means. I pray it's a hit and they make more and even DiCaprio considers making a feature length movie! 😁
I think this one was originally due to premier in May, so 'coming soon' could be as soon as next month :dance:

Thanks so much for bringing that to our attention, and there is meant to be a feature length in the works starring Di Caprio himself as none other than Grant, but I'd say that one's a long way off now with everything else that is happening at the moment.

I think this one was originally due to premier in May, so 'coming soon' could be as soon as next month :dance:

Thanks so much for bringing that to our attention, and there is meant to be a feature length in the works starring Di Caprio himself as none other than Grant, but I'd say that one's a long way off now with everything else that is happening at the moment.
I just happened to be watching "Josey Wales" on History Channel this afternoon and saw the commercial for it and had to get right on it and tell others. That's why I'm pining for a new CW flick, especially one with passion and facts and hopefully includes a few women in the plot. Spies especially 😃 DiCaprio is wonderful in anything he does...LOVED him in Gangs of New York ...the portrayal of the NYC draft riots was incredible!

Also...WHERE did you hear about DiCaprio portraying Grant?

DiCaprio is wonderful in anything he does...LOVED him in Gangs of New York ...the portrayal of the NYC draft riots was incredible!
My favorite with Leo is 'The Departed'. But, he is a very good actor. Playing Grant? I'm not so sure. But, weirdly, I spotted an image of Grant the other day and immediately thought of Robin Williams. I was very sad at his passing, but maybe if I put the pic up you will see how one could imagine Robin Williams playing the part of an older Grant. I'll get to it.

I worry that this is through the History Channel . I can't help feeling that some how they are going to mention the "missing" Confederate gold .
Hatfields and McCoys and the Washington miniseries were great. It don't worry much about the miniseries. I'm more annoyed that History does too much non history and not enough history.

I was very sad at his passing, but maybe if I put the pic up you will see how one could imagine Robin Williams playing the part of an older Grant. I'll get to it.

AV7CUECJYII6TDH4FROQTGOCDY.jpg

UlyssesGrant.png

I think this biopic is Di Caprio's 'movie'. There was a lot of buzz a couple of years ago about Spielberg and Di Caprio making Chernow's book into a project akin to the Goodwin's Lincoln movie. But I think this biopic is what ultimately came out of those talks.

My favorite with Leo is 'The Departed'. But, he is a very good actor. Playing Grant? I'm not so sure. But, weirdly, I spotted an image of Grant the other day and immediately thought of Robin Williams. I was very sad at his passing, but maybe if I put the pic up you will see how one could imagine Robin Williams playing the part of an older Grant. I'll get to it.
He should have won the Oscar for Blood Diamond instead of the Revenant

DiNiro gained tons of weight and they put a false nose him to play "Raging Bull" Jake LaMotta back in the 80's so I'm sure especially with today's new techniques they can almost make anybody resemble Grant now!

According to my sources with the History Channel, they don't have a premiere date set but I have been assured it's within the next couple months, perhaps as early as Memorial Day. They are obviously ramping up the promotion and will be releasing some more online content soon. By stalling I think they have successfully got everyone chomping at the bit :wink: . As others have said, even if the historical accuracy is stretched, at least it will drive interest in the historical subjects of Grant, the Civil War and Reconstruction. I know many related historic sites that given the current crisis and financial consequences will need the attention and support this program should bring.

I think this biopic is Di Caprio's 'movie'. There was a lot of buzz a couple of years ago about Spielberg and Di Caprio making Chernow's book into a project akin to the Goodwin's Lincoln movie. But I think this biopic is what ultimately came out of those talks.
Maybe. Though I think there was talk of two different projects originally. I'd like to think so. This may even drive the option for the movie, but uncertain times means a lot of projects will have been put on hold or even canned permanently.

According to my sources with the History Channel, they don't have a premiere date set but I have been assured it's within the next couple months, perhaps as early as Memorial Day. They are obviously ramping up the promotion and will be releasing some more online content soon. By stalling I think they have successfully got everyone chomping at the bit :wink: . As others have said, even if the historical accuracy is stretched, at least it will drive interest in the historical subjects of Grant, the Civil War and Reconstruction. I know many related historic sites that given the current crisis and financial consequences will need the attention and support this program should bring.
That news is amazing...thank you! My presentation of the many female spies and their stories I've extensively researched may be "stretched" over the years but never the less does not take away from their contributions! I'm simply excited the Civil War may come back into focus, especially to those who may disregard it for other American history. It ALL counts!

Back