Grand Cook Award Winners for 2017

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
grandfood.jpg
The choice for these winners was very difficult for me. There were so many members who contributed to the Food Forum for this past year, 2017. I finally had to choose from those who posted every month with period and authentic recipes and ones they have created themselves.

The winners are:

@Albert Sailhorst

@amweiner

@Anna Elizabeth Henry

Congratulations to them. They have help make the Food Forum so popular and meaningful for foods of this time period.

My very best to them for 2018 and my grateful thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The choice for these winners was very difficult for me. There were so many members who contributed to the Food Forum for this past year, 2017. I finally had to choose from those who posted every month with period and authentic recipes and ones they have created themselves.

The winners are:

Albert Sailhorst

amweiner

Anna Elizabeth Henry

Congratulations to them. They have help make the Food Forum so popular and meaningful for foods of this time period.

Three deserving winners for the year ,do they each get a crown or do they share on a rotating basis.

View attachment 172401

The winners are:

@Albert Sailhorst

@amweiner

@Anna Elizabeth Henry

Goodness! What an honor :wub: I'm glad to share my foodie knowledge both period and modern with everyone! It's not often one can discuss the finer points of hardtack, the making of Election Cake and it's significance and discuss archaic weights and measures involved with period recipes.

Congratulations to my fellow winners! What amazing company to keep!
3D-Congratulations-380x250.png

They certainly deserve a crown. However they will settle for a gift from me.

Why thank you @donna, I can wear my crown from my Christmas cracker, I think it's still laying around the house!

Three very deserving winners!!! Thanks @Anna Elizabeth Henry, @Albert Sailhorst and @amweiner for all the great recipes you have shared! Wear your crown with pride!food-awards-asda__hero.jpg

Wow -thanks! That's some amazing crown @Eleanor Rose - wherever did you find it? :cool:

The end of the year was such a whirlwind of activity for me both at work and at home, that I felt horrible for not keeping up with the Food Forum, but things have finally settled down - thankfully! So, I look forward to posting more going forward in the new year!

Wowee, this is an unexpected honor (I am blushing right now)! Thank you so much, and thanks to everyone who has read and offered their insights into recipes we've shared!

We've cooked up some great recipes and even better friendship here. I still daydream of a time where we can all get together and try some of these out - feeding people feeds my heart.

Thank you, and congratulations to my fellow winners, @Albert Sailhorst and the ever-wonderful @Anna Elizabeth Henry !

Congrats to all!!

WOW!! I am humbled and flattered....I am grateful to be in a place where culinary history can be shared and appreciated....Eating the foods of the past is, in part, what keeps history alive for me! I try to encourage others in learning and enjoying the same, whether it be here or at a reenctment!

Thanks!

Back