Gotta love an outdoor tintype

General Butler

First Sergeant
Suoer clear photo inside a fort. Stacked arms, cool hat and the Sargent is in charge. Like it?

20200324_152335.jpg

As a last resort I would try posting to the Civil War Faces group on Facebook. I bet someone there has seen the fort in the background before if it was used more than once for a backdrop.

As a last resort I would try posting to the Civil War Faces group on Facebook. I bet someone there has seen the fort in the background before if it was used more than once for a backdrop.
Maybe it's a final excuse to join facebook as I am not part of the social network world

Morning all...are you being safe and smart?
This Ambro is nice and clear but has a touch of ghosting. Now the stern look is spooky and the Hardee hat is cool, like the feather. It is marked. FW Stowe Mafs ( yes one s in Mass is an f) now sadly this isnt Fred Stowe of HB Stowe fame but maybe FW FROM Stowe Mass? Nice?

20200330_122436.jpg

So here is the stumper for me tonight
This has a union mat as.you can tell. It's a very clear tin. The guy look like he is in uniform and has a patch on his knee. BUT the guy has velvet trim on the collar. What is this.
You can expand the photo and maybe able to help.
20200330_150848.jpg

20200330_150855.jpg

Back