NF Gordon Rhea Overland Campaign Series

Non-Fiction

Zosofancmr

Private
Does anybody know what the status is of Gordon Rhea's planned fifth book in the Overland Campaign Series is? I've finished Cold Harbor and am vastly excited to read more.

It's been talked about for three or four years and nothing yet. Someone said that Rhea is on Facebook, you might look him up and ask him personally.

Guys, as someone who runs a Siege of Petersburg site, I'm eagerly awaiting the fifth volume as well. The last I heard it would probably be late 2012 at the earliest, so on we wait.

There are quite a few new Petersburg books coming up in 2012:
1. Kevin Levin's book on the Crater as a race war. There have been a lot of Crater books lately but none that focused primarily on this angle.
2. Bryce Suderow's two volume set which takes Ed Bearss' manuscripts on various actions inthe Siege and adds maps and images, due out from Savas Beatie.
3. Hampton Newsome's book on the October battles along the Darbytown Road and Boydton Plank Road. I'm extremely excited here. It's the first book-length account of all of these battles. Rather than focusing on a specific Offensive, this book straddles the Fifth and Sixth Offensives and is more date-oriented.

I'm sure there are a few more I'm blanking on at the moment, but the long-overdue microhistories of battles and offensives is finally gaining steam.

Has anyone heard anything since 2012 (when this thread was originally created) about the 5th Overland Campaign book by Rhea?

Eric, I think you've said this before a few times, but refresh my memory. does the book end on or around June 18 at the finish of the Battle of Petersburg, or is it earlier/later than that?

Guys, as someone who runs a Siege of Petersburg site, I'm eagerly awaiting the fifth volume as well. The last I heard it would probably be late 2012 at the earliest, so on we wait.

There are quite a few new Petersburg books coming up in 2012:
1. Kevin Levin's book on the Crater as a race war. There have been a lot of Crater books lately but none that focused primarily on this angle.
2. Bryce Suderow's two volume set which takes Ed Bearss' manuscripts on various actions inthe Siege and adds maps and images, due out from Savas Beatie.
3. Hampton Newsome's book on the October battles along the Darbytown Road and Boydton Plank Road. I'm extremely excited here. It's the first book-length account of all of these battles. Rather than focusing on a specific Offensive, this book straddles the Fifth and Sixth Offensives and is more date-oriented.

I'm sure there are a few more I'm blanking on at the moment, but the long-overdue microhistories of battles and offensives is finally gaining steam.

The Ed Bearss/Bryce Suderow books, "The Petersburg Campaign -Volume I Volume II", have been published and are available through many booksellers.

The Ed Bearss/Bryce Suderow books, "The Petersburg Campaign -Volume I Volume II", have been published and are available through many booksellers.

I know. The post you quoted me on was made years ago. I've posted on both books multiple times on my sites.

Back