Nashville Gordon Hospital Nashville, Tennessee

Alabama 1862

Cadet
I am trying to locate where the Gordon Hospital was located in Nashville, Tenn. It started in a warehouse with volunteers. Later a Dr. Stout joined. I have two confederate great uncles who died there on March 5, 1862. Where did they bury the deceased? Thanks for your help!

I am trying to locate where the Gordon Hospital was located in Nashville, Tenn. It started in a warehouse with volunteers. Later a Dr. Stout joined. I have two confederate great uncles who died there on March 5, 1862. Where did they bury the deceased? Thanks for your help!
I can check for you. Most of the dead CS were moved to Confederate Circle, Mount Olivet. I have seen death certs at Fold3 that were for CS soldiers who died prior to the Union occupation. The hospital was on Market Street (now 2nd Ave N). I forget the name of the one I saw records for, so I'll have to recheck.

Here's a picture I took myself.

001.JPG

As always, Terry, great information. Do you know where Smallpox Hospital No. 2 was? I have a Yankee cousin who died there and is buried in the National Cemetery.

As always, Terry, great information. Do you know where Smallpox Hospital No. 2 was? I have a Yankee cousin who died there and is buried in the National Cemetery.
All the newspapers carried lists of the hospitals and their locations. If you search the LOC site, just search Tennessee 1864, key word "hospital." v I posted an article about the Smallpox Hospital on a thread dealing with medical issues of the ACW. Think I posted it yesterday.

All the newspapers carried lists of the hospitals and their locations. If you search the LOC site, just search Tennessee 1864, key word "hospital." v I posted an article about the Smallpox Hospital on a thread dealing with medical issues of the ACW. Think I posted it yesterday.

Thank you. By the way, Welcome Alabama 1862.

Thanks everyone! I was so excited to see your replies! I lived in Nashville for 8 years (in the 60's) and never knew my uncles had died there. EVERYONE WAS SO KIND TO HELP!!! Now to find where they are buried. :wink:

Thanks everyone! I was so excited to see your replies! I lived in Nashville for 8 years (in the 60's) and never knew my uncles had died there. EVERYONE WAS SO KIND TO HELP!!! Now to find where they are buried. :wink:
Have you searched Mount Olivet at findagrave?

The Gordon Block Hospital in Nashville was at the corner of Broad Street and River Landing. The surgeon at one time was Fred. Seymour

Back