Good News on Perryville

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Belfoured

Sergeant
I am a long-time supporter of the Trust and contributed to that project (being from Kentucky and all).
I'm not from Kentucky but this one was important enough for me to kick in twice. Hard to believe that this could still be done 150+ years later. A salute to those who were involved in saving the other parts earlier.

kitty o'cairre

Private
Forum Host
Silver Patron
out amongst the tumbleweeds north texas =)
just got email yesterday on it! I support this battlefield! & spent a whole months allowence on it too! LOL
To ALL That help this Happen for Perryville!
KUDOS Yall!

Dear Kitty,
This is actor Steve Zahn, Kentucky resident and battlefield preservationist, writing you today on behalf of the American Battlefield Trust with some very exciting news. Thanks to your support, 128 acres of hallowed ground have been forever saved at Perryville! This land fills a "hole in the donut" and substantially completes the preservation of one of the most important battlefields of the entire Civil War. This is a historic accomplishment and you should feel immensely proud.

Last edited:

bdtex

Major General
★★ Sr. Moderator
Silver Patron
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
The ABT has announced that the 128 acre "donut hole" at Perryville has been saved. Thanks to all who donated. This means that 90% or so of the field is preserved. Remarkable.
I was very happy to contribute to that acquisition/preservation project. Very much hope to visit Perryville some day.

kitty o'cairre

Private
Forum Host
Silver Patron
out amongst the tumbleweeds north texas =)
i agree But seems like the people in them states dont want to care but only a few.. an the ones that are the *jackasses* bout our History I betcha the majority dont even know if they have confederate blood in their families..
one c work a awesome black driver we were chatting bout the civil war an when i spoke to him of the black regiments /soldiers in the engagements,, he simply replies ' he thought that all were slaves' in this era... he had no idea.. i am currently helping him trace his family Hes excited aboy what ever we find ' he said,, =)
me too !