Ghost Hopping at Gettysburg

Gary Morgan

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Since folks have been posting several videos about ghosts at Gettysburg lately, here is my favorite. The fellow in the video is a stand up comedian, who was even featured on The Last Comic Standing, but he likes to go ghost hunting as a hobby, and these are not intended (I don't think) to be funny.

At any rate, it's an interesting way to spend 40 minutes.

In the more than ten years that I've visited Gettysburg, I've not experienced any unexplainable supernatural/paranormal phenomena. I did hear something that sounded like a cannon firing on my first visit, but I later discovered that the sounds probably originated at an active quarry.

Still, the video was entertaining and nicely staged. Better than any of the ghost hunting shows that I occasionally saw parts of on TV.

Well , this didn't enlighten me to the existence of ghosts . The "cannon" shots were obviously shotguns or a rifle . They do have hunting in Pa. The spirit boxes scan radio waves and pick up individual words or short phrases . These can come from a number of non-paranormal sources . At 10:46 you hear words before he has even asked a question . When listening to these devices on any ghost program don't look at the screen when they show the word they claim they hear . If you do that you will find that often their interpretation sounds nothing like what is claimed . When he claims he heard "it is" it sounded like "distance " to me and I didn't hear anything that sounded like "Jennie ". The orb is most likely a bug that is out of focus . I call myself an open minded skeptic . I have not experienced anything that convinces me that ghosts exist . I have , however , heard unexplained footsteps and other noises that I have covered in a previous post . I had a ghosthunter capture some of these noises last year and I believe it genuine since some of these were the exact same noises I heard 40 years earlier . I hadn't shared all of these with the investigator . She called it a non-intelligent haunt . I think it may be a physical phenomenon that we don't understand yet . Many years ago at the old Horse Soldier location in Gettysburg a customer was asking an employee about ghosts . The slightly sarcastic employee said "I grew up near where Pickett's charge took place . I've lived in Gettysburg my whole life and have never seen a ghost . If you see one , let me know." For those who believe in ghosts I say go out and enjoy it and do the best you can and if you see one , let me know.

Still, the video was entertaining and nicely staged. Better than any of the ghost hunting shows that I occasionally saw parts of on TV.

I think that they originally filmed their "ghost hopping" hoping that they might be able to sell it to be a regular show on television, and that's why there are "breaks" here and there that look like there should be a commercial, and then he comes back and recaps. They made about a half dozen of these, but it never did get picked up, and I noticed last night that he's changed the name of his Youtube channel from "Ghost Hopping" to "Area 51 Podcast."

Too bad. I thought it was pretty entertaining.

The part I kind of related to was when they were in the basement of the Farnsworth House, and the battery went from full-ish to next to nothing. When I was researching my book, I was at one place where ALL of my electronics - Kindle, laptop, and cell phone ALL did that, one after the other. They were all fully charged when I left the motel, and they'd never done it before or since. I had to make notes in a spiral binder, with a pen. Don't leave home without them!

Back