Gettysburg, Where Was Your Ancestor?

My family was lucky in that most of those that served missed out on Gettysburg. They either hadn't enlisted yet, had gone home when their 2-year regiments were mustered out that spring and hadn't reenlisted yet, or were in other theaters (one was with the Ninth Corps with the 2nd Maryland, one was in West Virginia and joined the Army of the Potomac when it crossed back into Virginia, and one was at Vicksburg).

Ryan

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
One family was from Panola County and one was from Attala County.

And speaking of 4th Texas and Hood's Texas brigade, I had another Uncle who was in the 3rd Arkansas and was killed on 2 July. I posted about him in an earlier post of this thread sometime last year.
Wow - you had some tough ancestors. Barksdale's Brigade and the Texas Brigade were arguably the two best brigades in the ANV at the time of Gettysburg. (in my biased opinion!)

My family was lucky in that most of those that served missed out on Gettysburg. They either hadn't enlisted yet, had gone home when their 2-year regiments were mustered out that spring and hadn't reenlisted yet, or were in other theaters (one was with the Ninth Corps with the 2nd Maryland, one was in West Virginia and joined the Army of the Potomac when it crossed back into Virginia, and one was at Vicksburg).

Ryan

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!