Gettysburg Reunion Photos 14th Vermont Infantry?

Greendoor

Private
My ancestor was a private in the 14th Vermont Infantry. Does anyone know on this forum if the 14th Vermont traveled to Gettysburg for reunions and if photos were taking during these reunions. Searching for photos of my ancestors regiment. Thanks.

Hello! I have an ancestor, Eugene S. Lee, who was in Company D of the 14th Vermont Infantry! He was wounded on July 3, 1863.

The 14th Vermont did travel to Gettysburg for reunions. I have not found any photographs, but I think you will like this book, A Short History of the 14th Vermont Reg't. (here), which also includes an account of their reunion on July 4, 1887. Of note, the book also includes a roster of members that were present at that reunion.

A photo of their curated regimental colors is found here.

Charlie

Hello! I have an ancestor, Eugene S. Lee, who was in Company D of the 14th Vermont Infantry! He was wounded on July 3, 1863.

The 14th Vermont did travel to Gettysburg for reunions. I have not found any photographs, but I think you will like this book, A Short History of the 14th Vermont Reg't. (here), which also includes an account of their reunion on July 4, 1887. Of note, the book also includes a roster of members that were present at that reunion.

A photo of their curated regimental colors is found here.

Charlie
My ancestor William Reay Co. A 14th VT was also wounded at Gettysburg July. 3rd, 1863
There are probably photos of the 14th floating around somewhere.

Thomas C. Cheney wrote, Vermont at Gettysburg, July, 1863 and Fifty Years Later (Rutland, VT: Marble City Press, the Tuttle Company, 1914). A list of Vermont veterans at the 50th reunion in 1913 is given on pages 40-52, although William Reay's name does not appear.

https://archive.org/details/vermontatgettysb00chen/page/40
My GGG Uncle William Reay died May. 13,1893 and is buried at Greenwood Cemetery in Hamilton NJ
He may have been at previous reunions prior to his death in 1893 but most likely not because after the war he moved to Trenton, NJ and maybe wasn’t in contact with his comrades.

Back