Gettysburg Reenactment for 2020 may not be dead after all!

Crazy Delawares

Sergeant
1567769868398.png

photo by @Equestriangirl93 https://civilwartalk.com/threads/gettysburg-156th.159698/

Someone who works for Gettysburg Past & Present, Dustin Heisey is in the process of picking up the reenactment for 2020. So far, that is all of the info for now. Time will tell!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all knew it would resurrect sooner or later, but this is a little faster than anticipated to me.

I remember the 155th, my brigade's officers were all carrying on how that one would probably be the absolute last one, and how everyone needed to go or they'd miss it. I didn't but felt even then when it died another would come along. Too many folks obsessed with that battle and the Eastern Theater to point of wordship, (I could care less, give me the Western Theater, or preferably the Trans-Mississippi any day), plus the town dependent on it.

Still, it resurrected WAY faster than I thought if this pans out. I figured it take at least a year hiatus before someone did it.
Hopefully someone in "GAC" or whatever doesn't torpedo it out of spite.

I attended the 155th; it was my first major reenactment in over 10 years.

I have to admit that I was a bit crestfallen by the optics of the event. Cars and port-a-johns were highly visible during the main events. There seemed to be absolutely no intention in concealing or strategically placing modern conveniences.

I attended the 155th; it was my first major reenactment in over 10 years.

I have to admit that I was a bit crestfallen by the optics of the event. Cars and port-a-johns were highly visible during the main events. There seemed to be absolutely no intention in concealing or strategically placing modern conveniences.
I've always cringed at all the cars visible but with so much open ground at the locations they hold the events I just don't know what the solution would be, just no way around that one I think. The cars have to park somewhere.

I've always cringed at all the cars visible but with so much open ground at the locations they hold the events I just don't know what the solution would be, just no way around that one I think. The cars have to park somewhere.

Barriers, painted with landscapes?

Barriers, painted with landscapes?
Too hide hundreds, thousands on a good year, vehicles on an open farm field? Unrealistic to say the least. Keep in mind they rotate the event between a couple locations and they are working farms every other day of the year. I can live with the cars if they could maybe put some thought into the sightlines when laying out the event so maybe most people's attention would be drawn in the opposite direction if that makes any sense. So you aren't watching the battle unfold with a parking lot right behind that. I actually think they did pretty good with that this past year.

Back