Gettysburg National Military Park (Family Spring Trip : April 21 - 23, 2017)

Buckeye Bill

Captain
Forum Host
Annual Winner
* Cashtown, Pennsylvania.

DSC_0010.JPG

* The Cashtown Inn.

DSC_0001.JPG

* The First Shot Monument.

DSC_0026.JPG

* The Mary Thompson House (Confederate General Robert E. Lee's Headquarters during three day battle).

DSC_0040.JPG

* The McPherson Farm.

DSC_0074.JPG

* The Federal Major General John F. Reynolds Monument.

DSC_0080.JPG

* The Federal Brigadier General John Buford Monument.

DSC_0084.JPG

* Seminary Ridge (Three Confederate Soldier Prisoners - Brady : 1863).

DSC_0199.JPG

* Sachs Bridge over the Marsh Creek.

DSC_0244.JPG

Last edited:
* The Federal Brigadier General Gouverneur Warren Monument.

DSC_0490.JPG

* Springtime on Little Round Top.

DSC_0496.JPG

* The 20th Maine Monument.

DSC_0526.JPG

* Devil Den (The Slaughter Pen).

DSC_0540.JPG

* The Irish Brigade Monument.

DSC_0555.JPG

* The High Water Mark (On Top of the Pennsylvania State Monument).

DSC_0583.JPG

* The Federal Major General Winfield Scott Hancock Wounding Monument.

DSC_0595.JPG

* The High Water Mark : Pickett's Charge.

DSC_0606.JPG

* The Bryan House.

DSC_0615.JPG

* The Rose Farm Barn.

DSC_0284.JPG

Fabulous pictures @Buckeye Bill! They bring back great memories of previous trips I have made. My husband and I had dinner at the Cashtown Inn shortly after the movie, "Gettysburg" debuted. The innkeepers were very gracious. We got a peek at the room Sam Elliott occupied during filming, heard their firsthand account of the scene filmed in front of the inn and really enjoyed all the pictures they had on display. Your picture of springtime on Little Round Top is especially poignant. It reminds us all that life goes on even in the literal face of a tragedy. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Fabulous pictures @Buckeye Bill! They bring back great memories of previous trips I have made. My husband and I had dinner at the Cashtown Inn shortly after the movie, "Gettysburg" debuted. The innkeepers were very gracious. We got a peek at the room Sam Elliott occupied during filming, heard their firsthand account of the scene filmed in front of the inn and really enjoyed all the pictures they had on display. Your picture of springtime on Little Round Top is especially poignant. It reminds us all that life goes on even in the literal face of a tragedy. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Thanks!

Great story about Sam Elliott and the Cashtown Inn.

I was thinking the same thing as I was taking my photo on Little Round Top, Eleanor. One time in history this area was a bloody hell hole. Now it is a peaceful place filled with beauty. The circle of life.....

Bill

Outstanding pictures sir.

Thanks for posting!
Beautiful photos. Looks like you had a great visit.
Until now, I thought Cashtown was just another of the many American hamlets named for an early settler!

Thanks!

Friday and Sunday were awesome days. Saturday was rainy and muddy.....

I hear you on the name Cashtown.

Bill

Back