Gettysburg, Marietta planned Antifa demonstrations

Stiles/Akin

Sergeant Major
"There is an event set up on Facebook that calls for the desecration of Confederate cemeteries on Confederate Memorial Day. Specifically, on Saturday, May 13, 3-6 PM, this group intends to target Old Marietta Confederate Cemetery. They intend to burn CBFs and/or urinate on graves. They also have an event scheduled for July 1, 3-6 PM, at Gettysburg National Memorial Park cemetery. Facebook hasn't taken this event off their page. The group urges their followers to "find their local Confederate graves" to desecrate."

Not sure if this is just a publicity stunt but those of you affiliated with Gettysburg should be aware of this activity. Police in the Marietta area have been made aware of the threat.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
I guess they edited the page. All I can see is a plan for a flag burning, which is not that big of a deal.

FB rules say you can't use a FB page to organize or promote a criminal event, such as vandalism or violence. We need to keep an eye on this group. They may change their page again.

MattL

2nd Lieutenant
The CBF burning is juvenile, a waste of time, but whatever, some people march around with assault rifles defending the CBF other burn CBF flags to go against it. Both I think are childish.

Desecrating cemeteries is vile, by anyone (like the desecrated Jewish graves revently).

The only positive I see is that in all of Facebook that could have expressed interesting on 42 claimed they were going (meaning probably none, if it's not in the thousands on Facebook it doesn't really exist). Additionally it's probably more likely it's purely a troll without actual intentions... and even beyond that it's likely it's some group riling up people to get views on their page and direct traffic for ad revenue etc (some articles cover people who start inflammatory things like this and play both sides all to make some money, some quite a bit of money).

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!