Gettysburg: Lee's Headquarters 8/1/2015

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

tdftdf

Corporal
So now that the Hotel will be torn down, Will it just become part of the Battlefield again?......It never seemed right to have a Hotel right there at Lees HQ (Although I stayed there for Bike Week in 2008)
And i filled my canteen a few time at the brewery next to it. Its my understanding that will be torn down as well. They had great Mac-n- cheese!! And beer!

tdftdf

Corporal
There was a saddle, belonging to General Reynolds, displayed in the museum. Was this the saddle He was in when he was shot? If so, interesting that it ended up in this little museum.

LoyaltyOfDogs

First Sergeant

Dave G

Corporal
I see from the last photo that the cannons are still there. General Lee never actually needed those 2 pieces for his personal protection so they are both going to the Cedar Mountain battlefield, courtesy of Civil War Trust.
Edit: Just saw Garry Adelman's video and it appears that the cannon are gone.

civilken

1st Lieutenant
It will be very nice I spent a week there just before they closed it down.

Bloody 11th

Private
Great pics. When I was in my late teens, drove the 3-4 hrs to Gettysburg. Didn't have the money for a place to stay so hid my car behind a dumpster in the back of that parking lot across the street and slept in my car. Toured the battlefield and went home. Was hooked then and still hooked today.