Gettysburg Horse Back Tour

ARW

Sergeant
We have always said "we need to do that" and finally did this last weekend. The tour lasted 2 hours and was lead by a Licensed Guide. The ride went along Seminary Ridge crossed over Emmitsburg Rd to the Trostle Farm and returned. The guide had lots of great stories of the men who fought here. And it is just a different way to view the area. Check another off the Bucket List.
h5 (1280x853).jpg
h8 (853x1280).jpg

Is there anyway to do this one-on-one? I know how to really ride and don't want to ride with a group but would like to ride with a licensed guide.

Is there anyway to do this one-on-one? I know how to really ride and don't want to ride with a group but would like to ride with a licensed guide.

Don't know. Have never seen that listed for any of the companies there. Guess you would just have to call around to see if anyone rents out horses like that.

Wow! We have reservations for Wednesday, July 3 and I was just going to post here asking if anyone has tried it. We are trying to decide whether to wear the helmets or not. It will be a hot day. I notice in your picture that the half of the crowd isn't wearing them. And no one is wearing short pants? What do all you horse riders think?

Reactions: ARW
You should always wear long pants, otherwise you stand a good chance of blistering your thighs or calves. And helmets, for safety, while not romantic should be mandatory. I've been riding, regularly, for over 40 years - long distance competitions, driving, the whole shebang. My current two horses, especially one, are very trusty, but it takes just that one accident where head meets a small 3-corner rock and you suddenly have a traumatic brain injury. Even when it's stinking hot, I wear a helmet.

Good for you...My wife and I have done this 3 times...Great way to view the Battle field...Only thing is..you have a sore Butt for a few days after the Tour....

My butt was OK but my knees were not happy with me at all.

We have always said "we need to do that" and finally did this last weekend. The tour lasted 2 hours and was lead by a Licensed Guide. The ride went along Seminary Ridge crossed over Emmitsburg Rd to the Trostle Farm and returned. The guide had lots of great stories of the men who fought here. And it is just a different way to view the area. Check another off the Bucket List.

Was the audio for the tour pre-recorded, or was the guide talking as you went along? Which company was it, if you don't mind saying.

Back