Gettysburg hike! Lets do it!

Frums

Corporal
@rpkennedy @pamc153PA @E_just_E @cash @pmuskett @LoyaltyOfDogs

I tagged a few of you just to help get the word out and please invite anyone else that you know in the area that I missed.

This is a general invite for anyone!! Everyone is welcome to come and contribute to the planning!!

Looking at getting a Round Top Hike together for a Sat. in Dec/Jan. Figured that we could also do 1 or 2 other things while we are there and plan on lunch together somewhere.

Please post your top 2 Sat. dates that work for you and we will take the best one for the majority of group. I know we cannot get everyone on the same date... sorry.

Also post your suggestions for other things you would like to do. Keep them to under 2 hours so that we can fit them in. I will post a couple of my "wish list" places and we can discuss what ones we will do.

I would love to see some of you again and PLEASE pass this on to others in the area that I don't know.

Ray (Frums)

@rpkennedy @pamc153PA @E_just_E @cash @pmuskett @LoyaltyOfDogs

I tagged a few of you just to help get the word out and please invite anyone else that you know in the area that I missed.

This is a general invite for anyone!! Everyone is welcome to come and contribute to the planning!!

Looking at getting a Round Top Hike together for a Sat. in Dec/Jan. Figured that we could also do 1 or 2 other things while we are there and plan on lunch together somewhere.

Please post your top 2 Sat. dates that work for you and we will take the best one for the majority of group. I know we cannot get everyone on the same date... sorry.

Also post your suggestions for other things you would like to do. Keep them to under 2 hours so that we can fit them in. I will post a couple of my "wish list" places and we can discuss what ones we will do.

I would love to see some of you again and PLEASE pass this on to others in the area that I don't know.

Ray (Frums)

I would have to see the winter lecture series schedule for the park before talking about dates.

Sounds like a great idea :smile: Not sure about my work travel schedule in Dec/Jan yet, but I gotta tell you, with Holidays and such, January is a better bet for most folks.
Not a local really (Lehigh Valley, 2.5 hrs or so drive) but will try to make it. I usually make it for a few weekends there in the winter anyways. Much better sight lines and no @#*%$$ soybean plants on the fields.
One consideration, of course, is the weather, so planning way in advance might not make much sense. I suspect that looking at the weather report on a Tue/Wed and seeing what seems to be an exceptional weekend, and trying to rally the troops at that time, might make more sense.
One of the things I want to do at some point eventually and winter is the best time for it, is to try to walk up Culps Hill from the Rock Creek side, but still have a bit of unfinished business on the other side of the battlefield...

I go out once a month, sometimes twice, so I'll be out there regardless, even in the cold months. @E_just_E has a good point about the weather--I usually wait until about Wednesday to finalize my plans. Cool weather is good for hiking, cold to frigid is not. And snow is pretty in Gettysburg, but I'd rather not drive home in it--route 30 is a bear in snow and ice!

Otherwise, I am game!

I didn't make the huge gettogether in September but I would be game for this. Usually December and January weekends are slower. Though probabanly should just toss out he Christmas to new years weekends.

Back