Gettysburg/Gods and Generals Movie

It is my understanding that neither director's cut for either movie has been released, but does anyone know of a way to see the extra scences other than on youtube?

I have heard there are some bootleg copies floating around; if so, I haven't heard where to get one. I also read on another forum that someone had seen the Antietam scenes in Mexico...but that might just be someone talking out their ..... So far, YouTube is the only way I know to see any extra scenes.

I have to tell a story....our local Chinese restaurant has pretty openly sold bootleg copies, but they don't like you to refer to them that way, apparently. A local guy walked in and asked where the bootleg movies were. The guy behind the counter got very excited, shook his finger in the local's face, and kept yelling, "No boobies here! No boobies here!" It's our new joke at school.

It is my understanding that neither director's cut for either movie has been released, but does anyone know of a way to see the extra scences other than on youtube?

Find an old VHS Collector's Edition of Gettysburg on ebay or the like. Ron Maxwell told me the first cut of the film was over 6 hours long, but I doubt that it exists anymore. I think it was a hurry-up cut so Richard Jordan could see it and it was never intended to go anywhere else.

I have to tell a story....our local Chinese restaurant has pretty openly sold bootleg copies, but they don't like you to refer to them that way, apparently. A local guy walked in and asked where the bootleg movies were. The guy behind the counter got very excited, shook his finger in the local's face, and kept yelling, "No boobies here! No boobies here!" It's our new joke at school.

A Chinese restaurant selling bootleg copies of Gettysburg??? So how do you order it? Order the General Tso's Chicken then cough and mutter "Lee"? :laugh1:

I doubt they had Gettysburg....and I don't know what the local guy was after (not boobies, for sure--his wife was with him). Just recent movies...all the local teenagers buy them. Strangely enough, the restaurant just moved to a brand new building....hmmmmmm. Those boobies must be worth some money.

Find an old VHS Collector's Edition of Gettysburg on ebay or the like. Ron Maxwell told me the first cut of the film was over 6 hours long, but I doubt that it exists anymore. I think it was a hurry-up cut so Richard Jordan could see it and it was never intended to go anywhere else.

I have the old VHS collectors edition and dont think there were any extra scenes on there...

Back