Gettysburg deleted scene 5 - Longstreet, Garnett and Pickett .

Another great scene! Remarkable that the film is so great although so many brilliant scenes were deleted! Fortunately I've got the Director's Cut Blu-Ray Disc an can enjoy all these. (but I do enjoy watching them here once more... at least...)

Did anyone catch the names of the perfume that Pickett gave ? If I heard right he said it had a French name and it's name was "Miss Corbell" which IIRC was his wife's maiden name or middle name.

Respectfully,

William

Did anyone catch the names of the perfume that Pickett gave ? If I heard right he said it had a French name and it's name was "Miss Corbell" which IIRC was his wife's maiden name or middle name.

Respectfully,

William

Pickett said, "It did have a French name now that I think on it, but Miss Corbell likes it." I might have a word wrong since I wrote that off the top of my head.

R

Wonderful, thanks for posting!

Does anyone have a clip of the deleted scenes of Antietam from "Gods & Generals"? Haven't seen the cuts yet & Antietam is my favorite Battlefield to visit. Thanks

Wonderful, thanks for posting!

Does anyone have a clip of the deleted scenes of Antietam from "Gods & Generals"? Haven't seen the cuts yet & Antietam is my favorite Battlefield to visit. Thanks

The blue ray of G&G is re-edited and has the Antietam scenes, BUT believe it or not, they got the date of the battle wrong. They did get it right that the 20th ME was in reserve and did not fight that day.

I always thought the expanded "Virginia has arrived!" scene would have really helped the original theatrical cut of Gettysburg. We get more of what's going on with Garnett and with Longstreet (his children, big point in the book, nonexistent in the theatrical version of the film), and we get more of why Pickett is so turned on at the thought of getting into battle. Even if it still had to be cut, leaving those few seconds of Garnett thanking Longstreet for letting him in the division would have really helped.

I always thought the expanded "Virginia has arrived!" scene would have really helped the original theatrical cut of Gettysburg. We get more of what's going on with Garnett and with Longstreet (his children, big point in the book, nonexistent in the theatrical version of the film), and we get more of why Pickett is so turned on at the thought of getting into battle. Even if it still had to be cut, leaving those few seconds of Garnett thanking Longstreet for letting him in the division would have really helped.

Here is another scene that I couldn't believe was cut. Im glad they restored it to the bluray version.

Last edited:
Some of the deleted scenes in Gettysburg were pretty significant to the storyline. Luckily there is a directors cut where all of these scenes can be found. It's well worth watching and really puts things together.

Back