Gettysburg 157th Anniversary - What are people expecting

cwbuff

Corporal
I booked my hotel for the anniversary before the Covid 19 hit. I see the park is now in Phase Green. Park is open, visitor's center is closed, etc. No ranger "interpretive" walks. Some portable bathrooms are open. I talked with the hotel and they said you have to wear a mask in the halls and lobby and the breakfast room is closed. Instead it will be a grab bag breakfast that you take to your room or outside.

I'm wondering what will be available for food - carry out only?

I'd also be interested in people on this forum have opted out this year or still plan to show up, albeit for a different experience.

Thanks.

Not sure about Pa or Gettysburg but in Maryland some counties have opened for outdoor dining in addition to carry out so you MiGHT get that. But around here reservations are hard to come by for outdoor dining so would recommend calling ahead should you wish to dine outdoors.

I would think it is safest to keep a mask handy. I would wonder if stores on Steinwher are open. They seem non essential and also probably family run so curious if they are able to stay open after closing. But I think ice cream is considered essentail?

I booked my hotel for the anniversary before the Covid 19 hit. I see the park is now in Phase Green. Park is open, visitor's center is closed, etc. No ranger "interpretive" walks. Some portable bathrooms are open. I talked with the hotel and they said you have to wear a mask in the halls and lobby and the breakfast room is closed. Instead it will be a grab bag breakfast that you take to your room or outside.

I'm wondering what will be available for food - carry out only?

I'd also be interested in people on this forum have opted out this year or still plan to show up, albeit for a different experience.

Thanks.

The comfort station bathrooms are now open. The Visitor's Center may be open by the time of the anniversary. I believe that there are some outdoor dining spots now available.

At this point Adams County is in green which means that pretty much everything will be open: shops, restaurants, bars. All will have limited capacity and social distancing measures in place, masks are “required” indoors but if at a restaurant or bar not required for the patrons at the table/seats- just be sure to have one available.

We are in Gettysburg right now and most everything is open. The VC is still closed but public restrooms are open. I've been all over the battlefield and it is open. The GBGs are riding in separate vehicles from their customers. Farnsworth just opened their tavern today, I've had 2 meals in the beer garden so I was happy to see that. The Avenue Restaurant is closed. Hunt's will open Thursday. Blue and Gray, Upper Crust, Appalacian Brewing, Montezuma's, Gettysburg Eddies, and O'Rourkes are open that I have observed. General Pickett's and Friendlies appear to be closed from what I can see. McDonalds is drive through. Gas stations, convenience stores, grocery stores, and liquor stores are all open. Some of the Steinwheir businesses are closed. Motels and B & Bs are open. Many places have a sign saying "masks required" but I have not seen any enforcement. Have a mask handy just in case.

Anything new on Gettysburg? I'm taking my college age nephew next week (8/5 and 8/6) for two days/nights.

Some locals may have more current information. It's been a few weeks since I was there. I stayed in the newer Best Western. The normally great breakfasts were replaced with a very bad "grab and go" breakfast. Fortunately, the Lincoln Diner was open and we ate there.

Back