Pickett George Pickett Descendent Ripped Off?

I'm a newbie so if this has been covered before please forgive me. Also my first thread.:unsure:

I like to watch a show on Fox Business Ch. called Strange Inheritance. The title of this one was PICKETT'S CHARGE. The upshot was descendent George E. Pickett V had personal items of the General(kepi, jacket,etc) that were handed down to him.

He had taken no interest in them & sold them. Soon after the buyer re-sold to the Harrisburg CW Museum reaping ten times the amount he paid. G.P. V insists he was ripped-off, IMO it is not only buyer but seller beware! What do you think?

The episodes of the show are regularly repeated.

This was YEARS ago--2001, to be exact. The guy who ripped him off was prosecuted and did time as a guest of the federal government.

http://www.civilwarnews.com/archive/articles/pritchard_pleas.htm

There's an ancient doctrine in the law that says that even a thief can pass good title. The museum in Harrisburg was what's called a bona fide purchaser for value without notice of the fraud, and purchased the stuff in good faith. That means that Pritchard was able to pass good title to the museum of the goods, and why the museum still owns it. Sadly, Mr. Pickett had no recourse at all against the museum. (I'm a lawyer, if you're wondering).

This was YEARS ago--2001, to be exact. The guy who ripped him off was prosecuted and did time as a guest of the federal government.

http://www.civilwarnews.com/archive/articles/pritchard_pleas.htm

There's an ancient doctrine in the law that says that even a thief can pass good title. The museum in Harrisburg was what's called a bona fide purchaser for value without notice of the fraud, and purchased the stuff in good faith. That means that Pritchard was able to pass good title to the museum of the goods, and why the museum still owns it. Sadly, Mr. Pickett had no recourse at all against the museum. (I'm a lawyer, if you're wondering).
This was Russ Pritchard, no relation to Shannon Pritchard

Package4 has only scratched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Pritchard and Juno. Juno cut a deal to avoid doing jail time and let us not forget Pritchard's dad.

Package4 came on the scene in 1999 and I came on the scene in 1972.
This article is about Russ Pritchard, who is no relation to Shannon Pritchard

Back