Forrest General Nathan Bedford Forrest

OleRed76

Cadet
Hello,
I am honored to be a new member of civilwartalk and look forward to connecting with many people. I am currently at a stuck point trying to complete our family tree and maybe someone on here can assist. My grandpa is Delbert Sample Forrest, his father was Frank Thomas Forrest, and his father was William Thomas Forrest 1870-1946, in the 50th anniversary announcement for William Thomas Forrest and his wife Nancy Belle Naugle he stated that he was the second cousin of General Nathan Bedford Forrest. William Thomas father was Henry Balus Forrest and Henry Balus Forrest father was William B Forrest the husband of Miriam 'Maddie" Beck. I have attached the anniversary announcement but I cannot make the connection document wise that connects my grandpa Henry Balus Forrest 1831-1914 to William B Forrest husband of Miriam Beck "Luxton". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
William Thomas Forrest.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome.
There have been some descendants of Bedford Forrest on this forum before, as well as some experts on his family genealogy. I'm not one of them. I just study the battles in N. Mississippi and W. Tennessee that he fought in.

Salute to a great ancestor.
Thank you DixieRifles, you know how picky some folks can be about facts. I just find it hard to believe that my grandpa William Thomas Forrest born 1870 would make up such a story and have it published if he wasn't certain he could defend it. Still need that document I guess though, and I wonder since this was printed in the Illinois newspaper in 1946 does that go under oral history or real history because wouldn't the paper have confirmed it before printing it? Just things running through my head at the moment. Thanks

Welcome! Thanks for posting a very interesting article. The Forrest forum has a number of threads and posts by members of his family, several by Luxton descendants, and Larry Cockerham did a lot of genealogical research as well. We should probably have another sub-forum for family! I think you might have a lot of fun combing through these. I don't doubt the relationship - Forrest's great-grandfather was Shadrack Forrest who came into Tennessee from North Carolina. Good luck on your research!

Back