General Meade on a Bus Tour of Gettysburg

Northern Light

Lt. Colonel
P1010214.JPG

This was taken from the Emmitsberg Road with the zoom on my camera at full. Without the zoom, it looked like the stature to the left was in mid golf swing.

Also seen at Gettysburg
P1010199.JPG

The Not Quite So Eternal Flame
Apparently the self ignitor is broken and has yet to be fixed.

[QUOTE="Northern Light, post: 953158, member: 1252]|I can't put my hand on my monuments book at the moment, but someone is sure to know![/QUOTE]
Found my book! It is the 72nd Penna. Infantry(3rd California, Baxter's Fire Brigades, Philadelphia Fire Brigade)

And before anyone yells at me, I realized that that is not General Meade, but General Webb. (I think. )

[I can't put my hand on my monuments book at the moment, but someone is sure to know!
Found my book! It is the 72nd Penna. Infantry(3rd California, Baxter's Fire Brigades, Philadelphia Fire Brigade)

And before anyone yells at me, I realized that that is not General Meade, but General Webb. (I think. )

I was just going to say that's not Meade and saw this just before I hit "Post Reply." :smile:

Yes, that's Webb.

There's a big controversy about the 72nd Pennsylvania Monument. They had to go to court to get the judge to order the GBMA to allow them to have their monument at the Angle.

I was just going to say that's not Meade and saw this just before I hit "Post Reply." :smile:

Yes, that's Webb.

There's a big controversy about the 72nd Pennsylvania Monument. They had to go to court to get the judge to order the GBMA to allow them to have their monument at the Angle.
What was the controversy about?

I hate to disagree with you but Meade is on a horse and that person is obviously not on a horse. We looked it up in our monument book and the person on top of the bus appears to be Webb.

I hate to disagree with you but Meade is on a horse and that person is obviously not on a horse. We looked it up in our monument book and the person on top of the bus appears to be Webb.

Maybe it was Webb, standing on top of Meade, who was riding a horse, but you can't see that part . . . :wink:

Nope, I agree, Judi--it's Webb on the bus.:smile:

I did correct myself earlier.:eek:

Back