General McChrystal takes about taking his General Robert E Lee painting down

I found the below video interesting, in it from about 12:40 to 20:33, General McChrystal discusses how he admired and followed the footsteps of General Lee into the Army but eventually saw General Lee in a different light which lead him to take his General Lee painting down.

It makes me kind of sad he felt like he had to take his General Lee painting down but I understand his line of thinking.

Oh and happy Birthday General Lee!

(Please limit comments to only the part of the video discussing General Lee and hopefully we will stay out of any Modern Politics trouble)

Last edited:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
I disagree with the general if its the case of he was ashamed to have Robert E Lees picture up because he fought for a cause that endorsed slavery and didn't want to offend any guests in his house then in retrospect all the founding fathers pictures and statues should be removed as well as they also endorsed slavery.

Many Southern officers detested slavery but were unwilling to fight against family and friends and who can blame them.

IIRC, the General was fired for saying "not so nice things" to his senior staff about members of the Obama administration and got found out. I think if Lee had something to say, he'd say it to the administration's face. So taking Lee's picture down says more about the flawed character of General McChrystal than painting Lee in any negative light...just my 2 cents...

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)