General John Gregg painting

Rusk County Avengers

Captain
Muster Stunt Master Stones River / Franklin 2022
I had to run to the Gregg County Courthouse today to speak on keeping a certain something up. While I always forget to get a picture of the bust of John Gregg that greets visitors at the door, I noticed a painting I must have walked past a dozen times for the first time today.

20200810_104504.jpg

Also this year marks the 150th anniversary of Gregg County's founding. The founders being alnost exclusively Texans that served under Gregg.

You can almost bet that at the next meeting of the commissioner's court that a motion will be made to remove such "offensive" material.

Oh this entire meeting today was over "offensive material" out on the lawn. Some of the best speeches I've ever heard were given today, and I gave a logical chain of events that'd happen based on what's happened elsewhere. I'm sure those Commissioners don't want it to evolve into a situation where Longview's great Teague Park filled with WW2 memorials and a replica of Vietnam wall would be demanded taken down. Which is what would be next...

Also statistics were brought out to remind them how red the county is, and how the voters are sick of all this.

I think the painting and and bust there are safe. But let us not dwell on such negative things.:D

Also today looking at the painting, I couldn't help but recall the Raymond battlefield in Mississippi. As well as the Texas Lunette in Vicksburg.

DSCN0728.JPG

DSCN0732.JPG

DSCN0749.JPG

Speaking of all that, @alan polk I've got a few guys wanting to see Raymond since I spread word of it and the work y'all have done.

Back