General John Bell Hood... A Summary...

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

bdtex

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
Great thread. Not sure how I missed this other than being chin deep in May in books about Spring Hill/Franklin and Stones River in anticipation of a trip to Tennessee in early June and some facetime with both gunny and Eric. :D

bdtex

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
What did Hood do after the war ended? I know he moved to Louisiana and worked as a cotton broker, as well as part of an insurance group.
He married and had 10 children after the war.

Jamieva

1st Lieutenant
What did Hood do after the war ended? I know he moved to Louisiana and worked as a cotton broker, as well as part of an insurance group.
basically that's it. Lived in New Orleans. Got married had 10 or 11 kids. When yellow fever hit the city in the late 1870s he and his wife got it. They both died. One of the kids died as well.

basically that's it. Lived in New Orleans. Got married had 10 or 11 kids. When yellow fever hit the city in the late 1870s he and his wife got it. They both died. One of the kids died as well.
And his memoirs weren't finished until after his passing, which caused Hood's reputation to sink like the USS Monitor.