The Gettysburg art work on the right depicts General John Buford directing Calef's Battery to the north side of the Chambersburg Pike on McPherson Ridge on the morning of July 1, 1863. For comparison, on the left is a photograph of what remained of the McPherson farm ca. 1900. The farm house had burned to the ground a few years before leaving only the chimney standing which can be seen at the left. Notice the wagon shed next to the barn had been rotated 90 degrees some time after the battle and the barn itself had been left in disrepair unlike the restored structure we see today.
Last edited by a moderator: