1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

"General and Mrs Mobley"

Discussion in 'Period Civil War Photos & Examinations' started by chubachus, Mar 14, 2017.

1. chubachus

chubachus Sergeant

general and mrs mobley.jpg

Is this a real general? I did a search and couldn't find much of a mention of one. Originally titled "Gen & Mrs Mobley."

Taken by J. A. Palmer somewhere in the postwar southern United States I would guess maybe in the 1860's/1870's.

Source.

LoriAnn and Mike Serpa like this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. Jim in Wisconsin

Jim in Wisconsin Private

I wouldn't know anything about a General Mobley, but it is fun to look at old pictures like that. I wonder why they weren't looking at the camera. I bet that lady got sick and tired of having the bottom of her dress get all dirty. The backround and details of these old pictures are sometimes more interesting than the main subject. I wonder what was in that cup sitting on that rough shelf.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)