GAR HALL

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Rodney Dary

Cadet
L. G. Armstrong camp #49 Sons of Civil War Veterans, Boscobel, Wisconsin
We have the last remaining GAR (grand army of the Republic ) hall in the state of Wisconsin!!! This hall has a proud history of an unbroken line of use by the GAR, WRC, and SUVCW . We have undertaken the responsibility to save this historic building and all of its content.
At this point in time we as the caretakers of this Historic building , we have pleased it on the historic register bought with the State and National . Built a basement under it and added restrooms, during this the plaster and lath walls surfed sever trauma. Up to now we have spent over $150,000.00 we steal need to comply withe state to be able to open the doors to the PUBLIC!! To that end the $5000.00 we must have for the completion of the job. Thank you Rodney Dary Senior Vic. Commander SUVCW ---- CHECKOUT OUR GOFUNDME PAGE---- CIVIL WAR PRESERVATION IN WISCONSIN ----

Rodney Dary

Cadet
Welcome to the group from middle Alabama and good luck on your very worthy project.
The photo of your GUN is interesting. I know where one is located hear in Wisconsin, it came out og the House on the ROCK collection CSA NAVY .

NH Civil War Gal

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Welcome from New Hampshire. Please visit the Soldier's Tales forum! AND please post pictures - lots of them!

Patrick H

Lt. Colonel
I think we had a strong GAR post in my town, and I say that because of a big convention photo that was taken on our Main Street. But I don't know whether we ever had a dedicated GAR hall. It's a great thing to ponder and I'm going to check into it.

luinrina

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Greetings from Germany and welcome aboard from The Traveler's Companion and Other Notable Biographies forum! :smile:

Good luck with your restoration project!

Rodney Dary

Cadet
I think we had a strong GAR post in my town, and I say that because of a big convention photo that was taken on our Main Street. But I don't know whether we ever had a dedicated GAR hall. It's a great thing to ponder and I'm going to check into it.
1562805400252.png