GAR HALL

L. G. Armstrong camp #49 Sons of Civil War Veterans, Boscobel, Wisconsin
We have the last remaining GAR (grand army of the Republic ) hall in the state of Wisconsin!!! This hall has a proud history of an unbroken line of use by the GAR, WRC, and SUVCW . We have undertaken the responsibility to save this historic building and all of its content.
At this point in time we as the caretakers of this Historic building , we have pleased it on the historic register bought with the State and National . Built a basement under it and added restrooms, during this the plaster and lath walls surfed sever trauma. Up to now we have spent over $150,000.00 we steal need to comply withe state to be able to open the doors to the PUBLIC!! To that end the $5000.00 we must have for the completion of the job. Thank you Rodney Dary Senior Vic. Commander SUVCW ---- CHECKOUT OUR GOFUNDME PAGE---- CIVIL WAR PRESERVATION IN WISCONSIN ----

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

NH Civil War Gal

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Welcome from New Hampshire. Please visit the Soldier's Tales forum! AND please post pictures - lots of them!

Patrick H

Lt. Colonel
I think we had a strong GAR post in my town, and I say that because of a big convention photo that was taken on our Main Street. But I don't know whether we ever had a dedicated GAR hall. It's a great thing to ponder and I'm going to check into it.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!