Galena, IL April 29-30 2017

If you are looking for something to do next weekend, plan a trip to Galena, IL (home of U. S. Grant!) for the Civil War reenactment that I will be in with my unit, Scott's Tennessee Battery! Find me, and I will give you a Pickled Egg! Come and visit the shops of Galena, as well as Grant's Home! For a schedule of events at the reenactment, please visit: http://tristatehistoricalpresentations.blogspot.com/p/grants-home-front-event-april.html
Hope to see you there! :smile:

A pickled egg?! Well, that settles it ~ looks like I'll get some practice next weekend in Galena. :dance:
I make Pickled Eggs for my Pards, though I do not care for the eggs, myself! (there's a funny story about Pickled Eggs from about 10 years ago at an event at Usher's Ferry in Iowa.....ever since, I have been making them for my friends!).....
Anyway, I was on Spring Break last week (I am a teacher) so I spent it making the eggs, Beef Jerky and Summer Sausage!
Hope to see you there!....I will be in the Confederate Artillery, with Scott's Tennessee Battery!

Been to Galena many times....It was a shame that the powers that be back in the day killed it. If they would have given up the lead mining and the steamboat and embraced the railroad, Galena would have rivaled Chicago as top dog in the Prairie State. The railroad ended up going through Dubuque, Iowa and the rest is history....

I just wanted to "bump" this information up so that anyone who might be interested would be informed!
Hope to see some of y'all there!!
We've been watching the weather. If it's going to be a stormy weekend, I'll will have a very hard time getting The Boss Man on the road.

Come on, Mother Nature! *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, does the hokey pokey, and totally turns herself around*

(Ha. I almost typed "hockey pokey", which could actually be a thing.)

The weat
We've been watching the weather. If it's going to be a stormy weekend, I'll will have a very hard time getting The Boss Man on the road.

Come on, Mother Nature! *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, does the hokey pokey, and totally turns herself around*

(Ha. I almost typed "hockey pokey", which could actually be a thing.)
The weather was cold and rainy, but we stayed after many troops went home. Sunday's battle only had 10 infantry as the rest skeedaddled, BUT, the artillery was most definitely heard from!

The weat

The weather was cold and rainy, but we stayed after many troops went home. Sunday's battle only had 10 infantry as the rest skeedaddled, BUT, the artillery was most definitely heard from!
I'm sorry you guys got rained on.

Tom took one look at the radar and said, "Nope!" But I think the Other Tom (the one who takes awesome pictures) was there! You'd much rather have him. :D

Yep, Tom was there! It was good to see him!....You were missed! Next weekend, we are doing a school program in Comanch, IA.
I hated passing on this, but I keep telling myself I have all summer and some of fall to come. I am keeping my eye on Tom's schedule ~ I might be out of town for the May events listed, but I'll be home in June!

Good luck and better weather next week. :smile:

Back