From Minnesota to New Jersey ?

RebelWeber

Private
Look what I spotted in a sleepy little corner of New Jersey !!!
IMG_20190323_125645379.jpg

Found some more info for you. Mustered in at age 24, April 1861- Out Aug. 13, 1861. Reason for discharge. Disability. Maybe he came to Nj was to be with family.

Shows up in the 1850 Census in NJ and was born there, according to a reference I found searching online.
1850 United States Federal Census
Garrett N Dubois, born Circa 1836
Garrett N Dubois was born circa 1836, at birth place, New Jersey, to Peter Dubois and Hannah Dubois.
Garrett had 3 siblings: Mary I Dubois and 2 other siblings.
Garrett lived in 1850, at address, New Jersey.

Company G (variously The Faribault Guards or the Faribault Volunteers) of the 1st Minnesota mustered in to state service at Faribault, Rice County on the 25th April 1861 (Apparently in the 1850's especially Faribault was a boom town). They were commanded by Captain W. H. Dike. However he is promoted to Major 4 days later and so most of his service would be under 1st Lieut and then Captain M McKune. They will arrive in Washington DC late on the night of the 26th June. McKune will be killed at Bull Run (21st July) where the 1st Minnesota do some hard fighting as part of Franklin's Brigade of the 3rd Division.

If you desire to clean the stone, try Windex with vinegar. Worked on my ancestor's stone. Used tooth brush to small work. little bigger for larger areas.

Back