Fritters

Just saw this post. I love conch fritters. We were introduced to them in the Florida Keys, but I have since found some good ones at the NC outer banks. Lots of folks think they sound nasty, but that's before they try them. Same thing with alligator.
I have eaten close to 100lbs of conch fritters in the Keys over the years but here in North Central Florida they do not know what they are.in order to get some we have to drive to @donna favorite restaurant called "Crackers "in Crystal River Florida on the Gulf Coast.great restaurant with portion that are way to big.I will order a basket of conch fritters and my wife will order the Smoked Mullet Dip for starters which we share.then we will order the Fish and Chips and split between us as they give you a pound of fish and way too many chips.ice cold beer and you are fit for the day.

I have eaten close to 100lbs of conch fritters in the Keys over the years but here in North Central Florida they do not know what they are.in order to get some we have to drive to @donna favorite restaurant called "Crackers "in Crystal River Florida on the Gulf Coast.great restaurant with portion that are way to big.I will order a basket of conch fritters and my wife will order the Smoked Mullet Dip for starters which we share.then we will order the Fish and Chips and split between us as they give you a pound of fish and way too many chips.ice cold beer and you are fit for the day.

:hungry:

I didn't know about the power plant and the manatees. We will have to check that out next time. How do you get to plant? We always go over to the beach on Fort Island Trail. You can see the plant but have not seen a road to it.

Bluegill Fritters from Farmer's Country Kitchen

1/2 cup corn meal
2 cups flour
1/16 cup baking powder
1 egg
1 1/4 cups clam juice

Mix together ingredients until smooth and thick.

1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 tablespoon Lawry's season salt
Mix seasonings in separate bowl add to batter.

For rest of recipe see:

http://www.timfarmerscountrykitchen.com/single-post/2016/06/04/Bluegill-Fritters

I didn't know about the power plant and the manatees. We will have to check that out next time. How do you get to plant? We always go over to the beach on Fort Island Trail. You can see the plant but have not seen a road to it.
North of Crackers there is a sign on the road that says Manatee viewing area and we turn there.

I love those Manatees. We been to Homosassa Springs Park several times. They have a wonderful display at Christmas time.

You do have further to come for Crackers. It takes us 45 minutes to get over there. It is well worth the trip. Always go to beach too.

I love those Manatees. We been to Homosassa Springs Park several times. They have a wonderful display at Christmas time.

You do have further to come for Crackers. It takes us 45 minutes to get over there. It is well worth the trip. Always go to beach too.
It is a really good seafood restaurant plus the setting makes it better.

What is the difference between a corn fritter and a hushpuppy? My wife just loves to get hushpuppies with her fish.

Back