NF Free Online Civil War Lectures

Non-Fiction

B-Dawg

Private
Came across this free lecture series from Yale online (link below) on The Civil War and Reconstruction Era and watched the first lecture. I believe the lecture series is also available on YouTube. Seems interesting and was curious if anyone else had watched these or other similar online lecture/discussions they recommend?

Newer to this site so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Went thru that and the Revolutionary War by Joanne Freeman. Enjoyed both, even going to the trouble of reading the required material for each lecture. Very highly recommend the RW, Joanne is a very entertaining speaker. She is also the main 'interviewer' on the website https://benfranklinsworld.com/ A podcast for people who love history and want to know more about the early American past.
They are currently at 275 pods

I started one from Columbia a while back but never got into it. I ended up listing to an audio course by Gary Gallagher instead by the the Teaching Company.I found it was a bit uneven for my taste he delved deeply into certain non military aspects and then left you short in detail on the overland campaign for example. I must take a look at the Yale course.

Back