Free Blacks taken in Pennsylvania

Drew

Major
But there are people arguing that no such thing happened... surely any person without an agenda cannot say that black people weren’t taken south by CSA forces against their will.

I haven't read this entire thread since I posted to it, umpteen pages ago.

This is a very important issue to many of you and all I will ask for, is evidence. Show us the Army of Northern Virginia captured black people in Pennsylvania and carried them back to slavery. It's really simple, that's all you have to do, post evidence.

Now, if you post the newspaper article form Pittsburgh that I think you will, you are out of your mind and we can debate it. In the meantime, please stop presenting as a given that for which we have little evidence.

leftyhunter

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
I've seen several articles about contrabands placed on federal ships, taken to Cuba and sold into slavery. There's a lot of hand-wringing by a certain crowd about Lee's "Slave Raid" but not much about those contrabands taken to Cuba.
Then post evidence about such activities
Also it was not official US Naval policy to sell black people in to slavery. Just because a sailor or soldier violates an order does not make it an official policy. Plenty of evidence that kidnapping black people in Pennsylvania was the official Confederate policy.
Leftyhunter

GwilymT

First Sergeant
I haven't read this entire thread since I posted to it, umpteen pages ago.

This is a very important issue to many of you and all I will ask for, is evidence. Show us the Army of Northern Virginia captured black people in Pennsylvania and carried them back to slavery. It's really simple, that's all you have to do, post evidence.

Now, if you post the newspaper article form Pittsburgh that I think you will, you are out of your mind and we can debate it. In the meantime, please stop presenting as a given that for which we have little evidence.

I guess aside from newspapers, neither diaries, letters, confederate dispatches, reminiscences, or official confederate government proceedings releasing one of these “captives” qualify as evidence to you... it seems to me we could take a time machine to Chambersburg 1863 and watch Jenkin’s cavaliers imprison local black people with our own eyes and you’d say “show me evidence”. Anything to not tarnish our Lost Cause heroes, right?

Drew

Major
I guess aside from newspapers, neither diaries, letters, confederate dispatches, reminiscences, or official confederate government proceedings releasing one of these “captives” qualify as evidence to you... it seems to me we could take a time machine to Chambersburg 1863 and watch Jenkin’s cavaliers imprison local black people with our own eyes and you’d say “show me evidence”. Anything to not tarnish our Lost Cause heroes, right?

Post your evidence. That's all I've asked you to do.

All of this is casting aspersion. Post the primary sources that support your position. It shouldn't be that hard.