Free Access to Newspapers.com this Weekend

lupaglupa

Major
Forum Host
One of the great tools available for those of us researching family history - or any history - is access to old newspapers. The website Newspapers.com is making their giant archive of old newspapers available for free this weekend in honor of Presidents' Day. We happen to have a subscription to this website at my house (thanks to my husband who signed up for a free trial and forgot to cancel before payment) and it really does have some great stuff. Check it out before Monday at Midnight, you might find some useful information. This is the link -

nwspprs.com/freeweekend

The best thing about Newspapers.com in my opinion is that when you clip an article to pdf it automatically includes the source citation (newspaper name, date, and page). I may be wrong but the last time I checked, that wasn't the case with NewspaperArchive, GenealogyBank, or ChroniclingAmerica.
Not sure about Archive, but Chronicling America doesn't. And I agree, I like the source info is readily available. Keeps my renamed titles shorter.

One of the great tools available for those of us researching family history - or any history - is access to old newspapers. The website Newspapers.com is making their giant archive of old newspapers available for free this weekend in honor of Presidents' Day. We happen to have a subscription to this website at my house (thanks to my husband who signed up for a free trial and forgot to cancel before payment) and it really does have some great stuff. Check it out before Monday at Midnight, you might find some useful information. This is the link -

nwspprs.com/freeweekend
Thank you!!! I got over 50 clips this weekend.

Back