Found 3 South Carolina Emblems/Insignia - Authentic?

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

SCFinds

Cadet
Hello!

I found these three pieces in a box of military items I purchased at the flea market yesterday. The person who I purchased them from claimed they were Civil War era, but this era is far from my expertise and was hoping I could get some thoughts and opinions on the three emblems, if they are authentic and period pieces.

I have done some extensive research and I haven't had much luck finding exact comps. I have found one similar brass interlocked SC badge, it did have a different back with metal pieces for a hat. It is also marked with a "P" in a circle on the back.

I have seen several of the brass palmetto state logo, but most of them are marked "UCV" on the back from the Taverns, but mine is not marked at all and has piece sticking out on the bottom that looks like it may have snapped off.

The large Palmetto with crossed guns has me stumped. I can't find any examples of this emblem anywhere, either as a badge or just in general as a photo or anything else. It is also quite heavy for it's size, maybe made of lead? I'm not sure.

Here's an album of photos, please let me know if you need more. Thank you so much for any help!

https://imgur.com/gallery/A4NmZ1K

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
About ten years ago I was looking for Indian artifacts in a field occupied by part of Sherman's XV corps the night of 8 March 1865. As I walked down a row there lay a South Carolina State Seal button in a furrow. My guess is it was a souvenir collected by one of Sherman's men somewhere along the way and then later lost in the field.