Foto Friday -- Period furniture

Blessmag

Captain
1615566010537.png

1615566038954.png

I remember my Grandmother having very similar furniture in her "parlor".
( a stuffy, very formal room that was rarely used)

All of us Grandkids were forbidden to even go in there.
" We might break something "

That didn't bother me at all, I hated that room anyway.
We were convinced the room was haunted.

It looked identical to something we watched in a gothic horror movie.

:laugh:

I've never seen that chair before... I'm assuming some of those stains are Lincoln's blood...
No ,the stains are from hair oil . The chair was in storage for many years before Henry Ford bought it for the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn , Michigan. Apparently at least one person used to sit in it and stained it by leaning back in it . There were some blood stains on the chair as well. Henry Ford purchased it at auction for $2400.

No ,the stains are from hair oil . The chair was in storage for many years before Henry Ford bought it for the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn , Michigan. Apparently at least one person used to sit in it and stained it by leaning back in it . There were some blood stains on the chair as well. Henry Ford purchased it at auction for $2400.
Interesting. Do you know what year Ford purchased the chair? And what it's current value is approximately?

Interesting. Do you know what year Ford purchased the chair? And what it's current value is approximately?
The equivalent of $2400 in 1929 is about $36, 558 today . I'd say Henry got a real deal. If anyone gets near Dearborn , Mi. I'd highly recommend the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village as well. Ford collected many historic buildings back in the day including the Wright Brother's bicycle shop and part of Edison's lab . Traditionally there has been a large gathering of Civil War re-enactors on Memorial Day weekend . I don't know if that still happens .

Back