Foto Friday 4/12

ARW

Sergeant
Don't know how many people might do this but from time to time when I take battle walks I take pictures of the Rangers. Let's see if anyone else does that as well.

Antietam
DSCN9099.JPG

DSCN9095.JPG

Love looking at everyone's photos. Great shots, everyone, and thank you, @ARW , for having started Foto Friday. :thumbsup:

Troy Harmon......yes , I survived a Troy Harmon battlefield walk . Lots of fun , but challenging .
On the danger of sounding ignorant: Would you mind elaborating what makes his battlefield walks challenging? I've read Harman's name before but have zero knowledge about him or his walks.

They tend to go past the allotted time and sometimes have challenging terrain . We were talking to a couple before this walk who had been on a few before with him . On one they said they had to grab a rope tied to a tree to navigate a steep area . I think on the one we were on we went about 45 minutes over . Just take water and comfortable but sturdy footwear .

They tend to go past the allotted time and sometimes have challenging terrain . We were talking to a couple before this walk who had been on a few before with him . On one they said they had to grab a rope tied to a tree to navigate a steep area . I think on the one we were on we went about 45 minutes over . Just take water and comfortable but sturdy footwear .

I did East Calvary Field with him. There were only 6 or 7 of us and as I remember it ran long, but some of that could have been our fault. :smile:

1555092055843.png

I didn't get any names but I DO have a few of these: The one above was from a Summer 2015 visit to Manassas NBP right after the opening of Matthews' Hill as a tour stop; the Rangerette here described the opening of the First Battle. The Ranger below is describing the action at Gettysburg's Peach Orchard during a 2014 visit there.

1555092284580.png

Below, another from the same 2014 trip, this time a visit to Monocacy NBP; note that General Grant (at right) was among our group of visitors!
213.JPG

1555092851261.png

Although neither NPS personnel nor properties, these two ladies were our animated and enthusiastic tour guides at Franklin, Tennessee's Carter House above and Gettysburg's Jennie Wade House below.

1555092715796.png

And of course last but by no means least, our own @Eric Wittenberg during 2016 Gettysburg September to Remember at East Cavalry Field:

DSC04453.JPG

Last edited:
I did East Calvary Field with him. There were only 6 or 7 of us and as I remember it ran long, but some of that could have been our fault. :smile:
I did the East Cavalry field with the late Greg Coco many years ago . We had a large crowd and it was very hot , but I didn't get any pictures of him.

Reactions: ARW
A final two from me .
1.A licensed battlefield guide who really had his work cut out for him.
2.A ranger who gave an outstanding walk on the Iron Brigade on the first day . He choked up when finishing his talk because of the sacrifice the soldiers had made .

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0312.JPG

Thank you for showing these amazing photos !

I love to see passionate people while they are talking about their passion ! :D

Back