Foto Friday 11/22 (a day early)

ARW

Sergeant
On to today. The hospital my wife is in was near the Lancaster City Cemetery where Maj Gen John Reynolds is buried. Also in the family plot are his two brothers, Rear Admiral William Reynolds and Lt Col Samuel Reynolds. So today how about tombstones of the more notable soldiers from the war.

2019-11-19 12.59.33.jpg
2019-11-19 12.58.24.jpg
2019-11-19 14.24.39.jpg
2019-11-19 13.01.46.jpg

Sometimes life get ahead of us and so it is with me this month, therefore today will have to be tomorrow. My wife had a hip replaced yesterday, surgeon decided he would like to replace the second today but blood tests rules that out so they are sending her home tomorrow. May do the second one within two weeks. Anyway I need to post today because not sure what tomorrow will bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC05585.JPG

The two most notable Confederates, photographed in Lexington, Virginia during my Marathon CW Excursion in April, 2018.

DSC05598.JPG

DSC05577.JPG

It occurs to me the statue of the Recumbent Lee might not exactly be considered a tombstone, so above is his actual crypt, plus those of his wife Mary Custis, his father Henry ("Light Horse Harry"), and daughter Mildred. Below, Jackson's original tombstone in his family plot, prior to relocation beneath the current monument and statue:

DSC05596.JPG

Last edited:
IM000655.JPG

For @mkyzzzrdet - Our "Hero" (and his) Union Maj. Gen. briefly commanding the Eleventh Corps at Gettysburg, later Secretary of the Interior in the Hays Administration, Carl Schurz, originally from Liblar, Cologne, Prussia, now buried in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, Tarrytown, New York.

Back