HF Forum Host Introduction

Historical-Fiction

Union_Buff

Major
Hello all :smile:

My name is James (or Union_Buff/UB) and I am the new host for the Fictional Stories forum. My first order of the day shall be an introduction, so here we are. I have been a member of CivilWarTalk since 2009 and this is my second stint as a Forum Host over the nearly 12 years I have been here.

I hail from Christchurch, New Zealand and have been a creative writer from a young age (8); I always enjoyed "seeing" what my imagination would come up with regarding characters, locations, plot and so on.

When I first became acquainted with the American Civil War in 2005 through history classes at high school, I would spend many hours diving down rabbit holes and have thus been writing historical fiction based on the American Civil War for around 16 years as of 2021.

I volunteered to become a Forum Host once again to give back to the community that has become my second home. I will need your help in the discussion and dissemination of all things fiction related to the Civil War. This is where you get to participate by asking questions and also expressing your interests.

I look forward to interacting with you kind folks throughout the year and best wishes from the Southern hemisphere 🇳🇿

~ James

Hello everyone! I am one of the new forum hosts for Fictional Stories about the Civil War! I've been a while before posting, but I'm thrilled to be able to contribute more to this site!

A small bit about me; I'm (as you may have guessed) Canadian, but I've had a long love of the American Civil War. I was intrigued by it as a child as my uncle was an enormous history buff and a huge fan of the war. He intensely studied Jackson's Valley Campaigns, loved the Battle of Gettysburg and accompanied my family to a reenactment of said battle when I was but 5 years old! I'm told that apparently I was a small "knowitall" pointing out various statues and locations.

While I love to study the history, my true love has been Civil War fiction. Scandalously I did not get very deep into the stories until much later in life, but in the last five years I've been excited to rediscover the world of fiction set in Civil War America. I'm hoping I can bring new works and maybe some outside perspectives to fiction set in, or around, the American Civil War!

Hello all :smile:

My name is James (or Union_Buff/UB) and I am the new host for the Fictional Stories forum. My first order of the day shall be an introduction, so here we are. I have been a member of CivilWarTalk since 2009 and this is my second stint as a Forum Host over the nearly 12 years I have been here.

I hail from Christchurch, New Zealand and have been a creative writer from a young age (8); I always enjoyed "seeing" what my imagination would come up with regarding characters, locations, plot and so on.

When I first became acquainted with the American Civil War in 2005 through history classes at high school, I would spend many hours diving down rabbit holes and have thus been writing historical fiction based on the American Civil War for around 16 years as of 2021.

I volunteered to become a Forum Host once again to give back to the community that has become my second home. I will need your help in the discussion and dissemination of all things fiction related to the Civil War. This is where you get to participate by asking questions and also expressing your interests.

I look forward to interacting with you kind folks throughout the year and best wishes from the Southern hemisphere 🇳🇿

~ James
Hi @Union_Buff! Welcome to the forum hosting! You’ll do great!👍

Congrats on the promotion. Looking forward to reading some good stories.

Wonderful of you to serve a second tour of duty! Look forward to reading your threads and posts.
Regards
David

Back