Forum Host Introduction

Woods-walker

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Greetings from the Soldiers who fought on Horseback: Cavalry forum. I will be serving as host of this forum for 2021, so I suppose the first order of business should be an introduction.

I am a native for the Fredericksburg Virginia area. Growing up in my native habitat, surrounded by four major battlefields, naturally attracted my interest in the civil war at an early age. That attraction still holds my interest today, after three-quarters of a century.

I have had two nationally published works, The 9th​ Virginia Cavalry – The Eyes and Ears of Lee’s Army; America’s Civil War Magazine; April 2003 and my last work General Robert E. Lee’s Warhorses, Newman Springs Publishing, Red Bank NJ; 2020. Those works do not make me anymore of an expert in civil war cavalry affairs, then does having a great-great grandfather serving in the 9th​ Virginia cavalry for the duration of the four-year conflict. There are many of you that hold better credentials, better story telling attributes and better writing skills. This forum will need your contributions to become successful.

I volunteered to host this forum, because I wanted to give back to CWT. I will need your help in the discussion and dissemination of all things cavalry. Afterall, that’s how I view each of the forums on CWT; they are really your forums, where you get to participate by asking question and expressing your interest.

I look forward to the next year, interacting with great folks like you.

Congrats on the promotion. Looking forward to seeing some interesting Cav post.

Greetings from the Soldiers who fought on Horseback: Cavalry forum. I will be serving as host of this forum for 2021, so I suppose the first order of business should be an introduction.

I am a native for the Fredericksburg Virginia area. Growing up in my native habitat, surrounded by four major battlefields, naturally attracted my interest in the civil war at an early age. That attraction still holds my interest today, after three-quarters of a century.

I have had two nationally published works, The 9th​ Virginia Cavalry – The Eyes and Ears of Lee’s Army; America’s Civil War Magazine; April 2003 and my last work General Robert E. Lee’s Warhorses, Newman Springs Publishing, Red Bank NJ; 2020. Those works do not make me anymore of an expert in civil war cavalry affairs, then does having a great-great grandfather serving in the 9th​ Virginia cavalry for the duration of the four-year conflict. There are many of you that hold better credentials, better story telling attributes and better writing skills. This forum will need your contributions to become successful.

I volunteered to host this forum, because I wanted to give back to CWT. I will need your help in the discussion and dissemination of all things cavalry. Afterall, that’s how I view each of the forums on CWT; they are really your forums, where you get to participate by asking question and expressing your interest.

I look forward to the next year, interacting with great folks like you.
Congratulations! Most of my Confederate kin were infantry. My "home-grown" Yankee kin in East Tennessee "Jined the Cavalry" and Mounted Infantry. I'm sure you'll do a great job!

Welcome as host. I am big fan of the cavalry. My husband had several ancestors who rode with General John Hunt Morgan. I had one but looking for more. My husband belongs to the General John Hunt Morgan Association.

Look forward to your posts.
Many thanks for the kind words Donna. I hope I can meet the expectations of everyone.

Hey @Woods-walker I just wanted to let you know that David Vazquez will be our guest at 8:30pm on February 24th for CivilWarTalk Presents live on Zoom. He will be discussing his original research on the impact of horse and rider psychology on the performance of cavalry troops. His presentation is entitled:
Thermopylae in Western Virginia: Explaining the Disaster at Greenland Gap with Equine-Rider Psychology I hope you'll be able to join us on Zoom that night. :thumbsup:

Hey @Woods-walker I just wanted to let you know that David Vazquez will be our guest at 8:30pm on February 24th for CivilWarTalk Presents live on Zoom. He will be discussing his original research on the impact of horse and rider psychology on the performance of cavalry troops. His presentation is entitled:
Thermopylae in Western Virginia: Explaining the Disaster at Greenland Gap with Equine-Rider Psychology I hope you'll be able to join us on Zoom that night. :thumbsup:
Thanks - I would like nothing better that to set in on most of your zoom sessions. However I live in a rural area w/o high speed Internet.
I am only able to use my iPhone and the hotspot on it to connect my laptop to the outside world. Politicians keep promising to get affordable high speed Internet to us - but I think they “forget” about it after the election 😂

Back