Fort Fisher diorama in 1/35 scale

J.H. Moose

Private
20210524_213440.jpg

20210524_213459.jpg

20210524_213414.jpg

Did you use the Masterbox Civil War figure or convert other figures? Either way you must have did some conversion on the figures.
Yeah I converted some masterbox figures, only real difference was just painting their sleeves, hats and collars in red. I also used some spare arms from some Tamiya infantry which better suited what I envisioned.

Ft Jackson.jpg

It's mostly scratchbuilt, but the figures are from Masterbox and the cannon is from Flagship Models
Very nice job, but the scale of the figures is too large for the (presumably) 42 pounder gun they're manning. I've actually loaded one during a firing demonstration at Ft. Jackson in Savannah and it's a reach to get the powder bag into the muzzle! Note my shadow in the bottom photo of this very gun - I was standing erect and my head was well below the level of the cascabel.

Ft Jackson 001.jpg

View attachment 401867

Very nice job, but the scale of the figures is too large for the (presumably) 42 pounder gun they're manning. I've actually loaded one during a firing demonstration at Ft. Jackson in Savannah and it's a reach to get the powder bag into the muzzle! Note my shadow in the bottom photo of this very gun - I was standing erect and my head was well below the level of the cascabel.

The gun is a 32 pounder, I'm decently sure that the carriages would vary in size depending on the pattern. I've visited a replica 32 pounder at Fort Anderson, across the river from Fort Fisher, and from my impression the figures scale adequately.

IMG_20210520_120146_535.jpg

Back