Forrest Homecoming 2006

larry_cockerham

Southern Gentleman, Lest We Forget, 2011
Honored Fallen Comrade
Folks, your'e invited to come help celebrate the nearly completed restoration of the Boyhood Home of Nathan Bedford Forrest next Saturday June 24, 2006. Located near Chapel Hill, Tennessee just north off highway 99 in Marshall County. A few minutes drive east from the 412/I-65 interchange at Columbia, TN. Come on down and enjoy the spledor of this restored house and farm. Re-enactors, food and southern hospitality. The General will likely be there if only in spirit! Low admission, all proceeds are used to support the facility. Owned and operated by the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Larry,

Doggone it! I wish you had posted this one sooner, as I would have been very interested in making the trip.

But, the Union calls and I have already promised to assist in driving out the rebel forces from their trenches at Newark, Ohio on the 24 & 25 of June.

Enjoy yourself and have some of that great Southern cooking for me. Hope you and the SCV make tons of money and keep the place up for the future and our grandkids.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

If you can't make the homecoming, there's a work day tomorrow morning 9 am. Even yanks are welcome! Next weekend is the big show.

Back