Forrest and Fort Pillow.

Desert Kid

2nd Lieutenant
I have decided to start a discussion on THAT GUY and his role in Fort Pillow.

On another site today I got into a discussion with a Unionist user who doesn't particularly like THAT GUY, now aside from the fact that Forrest was aquitted of ordering anything regarding a massacre at Fort Pillow. My other-site debater proclaims that THAT GUY did indeed order a massacre but only did so to enforce Confederate policy against the USCT, which was outright massacre, and that one deleted sentence from the official Confederate report on it was the dead give away for it.

I think it's muddled and hard to tell either way, what do y'all think?

Desert Kid, it's good to have you with us here at CWT. Just to give you a heads up, if you go up to the search window and type in Fort Pillow, there should be several very long and informative threads that appear that are easily located here on CWT that you might read and post on if you like. I recommend that you do that first, but if you'd like to start a new thread here just please keep in mind that Fort Pillow tends to bring out some very emotional, and sometimes very contentious responses, as it's somewhat of a volatile subject. So, proceed with caution please, and let's all be careful how we word our posts and responses. Thanks for your help.

Lee
Posted as moderator

Desert Kid, it's good to have you with us here at CWT. Just to give you a heads up, if you go up to the search window and type in Fort Pillow, there should be several very long and informative threads that appear that are easily located here on CWT that you might read and post on if you like. I recommend that you do that first, but if you'd like to start a new thread here just please keep in mind that Fort Pillow tends to bring out some very emotional, and sometimes very contentious responses, as it's somewhat of a volatile subject. So, proceed with caution please, and let's all be careful how we word our posts and responses. Thanks for your help.

Lee
Posted as moderator

Couldn't have said it better myself Lee.

Lee
Posted as moderator

Thank you, I will check it out.

Maybe we should have a separate forum for the topic? :bat::bat: Could be interesting...

There are some really good and really long discussions on the subject, however, Desert Kid. Enjoy! :smile:

Back