Formal Debate: Suggestions for new one

I think the likely outcome of putting McClellan in charge would have been winter camps, rather than any sort of offensive action.

No.

When McClellan was relieved he had maneouvered to separate Longstreet and Jackson and was moving to attack Longstreet's wing.

McClellans%2Blast%2Bcampaign.png

So that's Lincoln building a paperclip tower when McClellan asks again for his war aims?

Anything involving Lincoln and McClellan is a good choice. By coincidence, I saw this cartoon yesterday and thought of Lincoln and McClellan...if they worked together today.

(I obviously spend too much time thinking about the Civil War):

bfa6663049d101330bc8005056a9545d.gif

Remember in all the suggestions, it takes 2 to debate. We really need to be looking for people with an interest rather than just topics.

So that's Lincoln building a paperclip tower when McClellan asks again for his war aims?

Yeah, that's it.

The follow-up cartoons have the paperclip tower builder fired, re-hired, fired, re-hired, then eventually put in the training department where he dreamed of someday becoming CEO.

Remember in all the suggestions, it takes 2 to debate. We really need to be looking for people with an interest rather than just topics.
I don't know about the others who responded to the original post, but my suggestions were posted with the thought that others might be interested (possibly even more than two people). I might have failed in my attempt, but that would just put me in a grouping of 99% of the people participating in internet discussion forums.

Yeah, that's it.

The follow-up cartoons have the paperclip tower builder fired, re-hired, fired, re-hired, then eventually put in the training department where he dreamed of someday becoming CEO.

I always thought it was more like Dilbert, with Lincoln as the Pointy-haired Boss.

Expired Image Removed

Back