Restricted Forget Confederate Monuments…Lincoln In The Crosshairs

Andersonh1

Brigadier General
From the article:

Wisconsin Black Student Union President Nalah McWhorter said the BSU wants the complete removal of the Abraham Lincoln statue. The BSU has put forward demands for removal, declaring the statue anti-Black and anti-Native.​
“I just think he did, you know, some good things … the bad things that he’s done definitely outweighs them,” McWhorter said. “And I do want the 100% removal of the statue. I don’t want it to be moved somewhere or anything like that. I want it removed.”​

Cycom

Sergeant
From the article:

Wisconsin Black Student Union President Nalah McWhorter said the BSU wants the complete removal of the Abraham Lincoln statue. The BSU has put forward demands for removal, declaring the statue anti-Black and anti-Native.​
“I just think he did, you know, some good things … the bad things that he’s done definitely outweighs them,” McWhorter said. “And I do want the 100% removal of the statue. I don’t want it to be moved somewhere or anything like that. I want it removed.”​
These people are ignorant, arrogant, and committed. Hope those of us who value history are as well. This is very upsetting and frustrating.

That we have arrived here as a society is maddening…but not surprising.

Pete Longstreet

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Article:

“There’s a lack of urgency,” McWhorter said. “And I don’t think they really understand. These are the types of things that need to get moving. Black people are dying today in the streets every day by police officers. And for a university that already has a history of problems with their Black students, it just doesn’t feel like they care.”

This above statement proves that some people have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. Using a false narrative of today as to why a statue of a man who died 156 years ago should be removed, completely negates their argument. Go back to the drawing board. Better luck next time.

Last edited:

carptrash

Private
The person who demanded the removal of the statue is a college student. Do you remember what it was like to be 21? That she managed to really upset a bunch of white guys two or three times her age probably should be considered a victory for her.

WestCoastSB

Cadet
To those who still think that the eradication of history is only about the Confederates or some other boogeymen.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2020/...remove-abraham-lincoln-statue-on-bascom-hill/
I have pointed this out incessantly: Confederate monuments were just step one of 1,000. The cultural Iconoclasts wanted to see how much destruction they could accomplish, and they received a blank check from society.

These folks seek to obliterate virtually all American history. And I issue this plea to folks who hate the Confederacy: you don't need to love the Confederacy to take a stand for monuments, symbols and names. This should have been the line in the sand from the onset of the statue frenzy.

carptrash

Private
By treating the Blacks in America very poorly as slaves, then badly as 2nd class citizens. Racism is a nasty tree with bitter fruit. HAve you read about the Red Summer of 1919? Sure that was over 100 years ago, but the Lion is older than that.

Cycom

Sergeant
By treating the Blacks in America very poorly as slaves, then badly as 2nd class citizens. Racism is a nasty tree with bitter fruit.
All past tense. Can’t see how this is relevant today.
HAve you read about the Red Summer of 1919? Sure that was over 100 years ago, but the Lion is older than that.
I haven’t. Thanks for sharing it 👍🏼

carptrash

Private
All past tense. Can’t see how this is relevant today.

I haven’t. Thanks for sharing it 👍🏼
Oh come now, the whole Civil War is past tense. Nearly all the monuments in question are paste tense. But we can talk about them but not about racism. When you plant a seed it grows into what ever the seed is and it is pretty silly to say the seed is part tense.