For those who still hear the guns

I just think this is so cool. Has anyone else heard anything like this? I read this to my husband and he said it is like a time slip or the earth has stored memories and replays them.
Check out Boo Trundle "For those who still hear the guns"

@redbob and @ucvrelics and @captaindrew have spent long times on real battlefields. Have any of you ever felt, saw or heard anything?
I see myself as a fairly normal, levelheaded person; but there are stimuli that will always trigger a response in me, whether they were from my time in uniform (as a Marine or a firefighter) or from places that I don't recognize and battlefields are some of those places, especially if those places have an ancestral family connection.

Have any of you ever felt, saw or heard anything?

I remember on night back in the 70's at Shiloh I heard something coming thru the woods and it scared the **** out of me as I thought it was the park ranger so I got down on one knee and remained VERY still, turns out it was a hog. :cold:

THAT would scare me! Hogs in general scare me and feral hogs would scare me more. They aren't afraid of anything.
The hogs don't scare me near as much as the park rangers :nah disagree:

@diane what do you think of hearing the guns? I know you and I have talked before of the earth having scars where great battles have taken place. I think Gettysburg must be one of those places that still resonates.

I'm a traditional so I don't have any problem with that! Sometimes my dad and I would go out to certain places where there had been battles. Sometimes it seemed you could hear it, from long ago. He often saw the fight, or part of it, but he was a medicine man.

Gettysburg is an interesting place. It was a battle ground way before the Civil War, and nothing would surprise me there!

I believe in them... I been to Been to many Battlefields and Andersonville … Most where family was at … go to in the summer 90 deg out and all of a sudden you chilled... Not a breeze in the air to make a difference …

For me it was like jumping into a pool and swimming through hot and cold spots ... only way to explain it.

I believe in the supernatural, and its desire not to be exposed, and backed up by the foolish feeling one receives on topic. But, for the non-believer that prefers to remain stoic and resolute in countenance, look at radio waves, how they bounce around the globe via the atmosphere. Or read reports of battles taking place and the 'shadow echo' deflects sound so it is not heard next to it, but miles away.
Being fearful of foolishness is not the beginning of knowledge nor wisdom.
Lubliner.

Several years ago I did the March from Winstead hill to the Carter House on the Anniversary Nov 30 (work came into play and life so its been a while ) always a experience to do and behold … but friends and my self went to Carnton confederate cemetery to pay our respects to the dead ( by 5 30 its dark here … ) we were on the far end of the cemetery and saw flashes of light … made are way back to the entrance … We scared him ****less Ghost hunter we talk a bit but yeah moving for me and my pard's and him … people in CW uniforms

We respected every grave and said our thoughts vocal …

Very moving … I feel a joy that they said thank you

I believe in them... I been to Been to many Battlefields and Andersonville … Most where family was at … go to in the summer 90 deg out and all of a sudden you chilled... Not a breeze in the air to make a difference …

For me it was like jumping into a pool and swimming through hot and cold spots ... only way to explain it.

I have indeed walked through “cold spots.”

Here it is, page 63 from the October 1997 issue of The Blue & The Gray (The Special Haunting Issue)

"Not just the the Gettysburg police have heard strange noises at the "High Water Mark." Even though the park closes at dark, tourists often venture into its confines and risk a fine, or worse, just to visit a location that is special to them. More than one reader has written to Blue & Gray Magazine over the years and reported hearing the sounds of battle at the Copse of Trees and the Angle. In fact, a young man once took a girl he was going to marry to Gettysburg to see how she would handle his all-consuming Civil War hobby. She was passing with flying colors and became so interested in the battlefield that late one night he killed the lights on his van, turned hard off Steinwehr Avenue, and entered the park. They drove to the Angle with the Columbia Records Legacy Collection of the Union and Confederacy playing softly on the tape player.

Back then you could drive along the loop road through the Angle, they parked by the monument to the 72nd Pennsylvania. She went immediately to the Copse of Trees while he wandered among Cushing's guns and the marker where Armistead fell, then over to Arnold's Battery. This was before the monument to the 26th North Carolina was placed in front of Arnold's guns, and he remembers thinking that the Tarheels should have one there. When they met back at the van several minutes later she mentioned having heard a deep booming sound way off in the distance. He too had heard it, and as they stood talking together they heard it again. It wasn't like thunder, but rather like the echo of the reverberation of many cannons.

They stood there for a few moments saying not a word. They were not frightened but felt that it was something special that they were allowed to share -- a bond that seemed to transcend time and space, connecting them in a spiritual way with the men in blue and gray who struggled at that very spot so long ago. To the young man it seemed to capture the essence of his longtime interest in the War. The trip also convinced him that she was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. The couple married, and when they started the Blue & Gray fifteen years ago they remembered that night at Gettysburg. That memory has appeared as the magazine's slogan on the cover of every issue."

Thanks, NHCWG, for the memory. I really loved Blue and Gray, and looked forward to their October/Halloween edition on hauntings for the short stretch they did it!

I just think this is so cool. Has anyone else heard anything like this? I read this to my husband and he said it is like a time slip or the earth has stored memories and replays them.

Would love to have an experience like that, but the closest I got was when i took my sons to Gettysburg and snuck in after hours to traipse around the Triangular field (supposedly a “hotspot” for paranormal activity). This was before a lot of the clearing/thinning and we wandered into a dense thicket at the edge of the field. As we were returning to the field, there was a series of flashing “orbs” that dazzled us. We all froze . . . only to see . . . as our eyes cleared . . . that it was another group of intrepid ghost hunters who thought WE were members of the ethereal plane! At least we had a good laugh I do have a friend who stayed at the Farnsworth Inn and swears he had a late night visitor . . .

Would love to have an experience like that, but the closest I got was when i took my sons to Gettysburg and snuck in after hours to traipse around the Triangular field (supposedly a “hotspot” for paranormal activity). This was before a lot of the clearing/thinning and we wandered into a dense thicket at the edge of the field. As we were returning to the field, there was a series of flashing “orbs” that dazzled us. We all froze . . . only to see . . . as our eyes cleared . . . that it was another group of intrepid ghost hunters who thought WE were members of the ethereal plane! At least we had a good laugh I do have a friend who stayed at the Farnsworth Inn and swears he had a late night visitor . . .

That's funny!

Years ago, my dad worked in law enforcement at a state-owned park in central Pennsylvania. One night, he worked overnight and he parked his patrol car in the back of a historic cemetery. I think that he was trying to catch deer poachers. Anyway, someone from the local community that my dad personally knew was walking to his girlfriend's house next to the cemetery, and this guy decided to cut through the cemetery in the middle of the night. It startled my dad, and he accidentally turned on his car's lights. The car lights scared the guy who was cutting through the cemetery in the middle of the night, and that guy took off running.

A few days later, my dad ran into that same guy in the local grocery store or something. The guy told my dad about how the local cemetery next to his girlfriend's house must be haunted, because he had seen "mysterious" lights there.

That's funny!

Years ago, my dad worked in law enforcement at a state-owned park in central Pennsylvania. One night, he worked overnight and he parked his patrol car in the back of a historic cemetery. I think that he was trying to catch deer poachers. Anyway, someone from the local community that my dad personally knew was walking to his girlfriend's house next to the cemetery, and this guy decided to cut through the cemetery in the middle of the night. It startled my dad, and he accidentally turned on his car's lights. The car lights scared the guy who was cutting through the cemetery in the middle of the night, and that guy took off running.

A few days later, my dad ran into that same guy in the local grocery store or something. The guy told my dad about how the local cemetery next to his girlfriend's house must be haunted, because he had seen "mysterious" lights there.
Sounds like mine at franklin we where all in CSA uniforms at Carnton confederate cemetery was a amazing experience need to do again

Know a few other other places to go need to check out

Back