NF For those of you looking for content during COVID-19....

Non-Fiction

Eric Wittenberg

1st Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this--please feel free to move it if it's not.

The Chicago Civil War Roundtable--the oldest in existence--has made available audio podcasts of over 60 years' worth of its programs and presentations. There's some abundantly cool stuff here. One could get lost here for days on end....

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this--please feel free to move it if it's not.

The Chicago Civil War Roundtable--the oldest in existence--has made available audio podcasts of over 60 years' worth of its programs and presentations. There's some abundantly cool stuff here. One could get lost here for days on end....

Wow, what a collection? So many good historians to hear who have since past on, as well as many contemporaries. It was just interesting scrolling the titles. You can see the slow evolution to look at more than generals and battles. This might get me through COVID and winter!

Wow, goes back to 1964 (correction: 64’ on iPhone app but 1951 on website! Even better) Thank you! This is gold! I have been looking for old stuff from the likes of Catton, Foote etc., outside of what is available on YouTube. Love hearing these older authors talk about the civil war.

Just saw they have one from Freeman in May 1953, he passed away a month later. I know what I’m listening too this evening!

To listen to men that lived alongside and interviewed veterans of our nations only civil war is priceless in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back