For Sale - Woodlawn Plantation, Fayette Co TN

Story

1st Lieutenant
Stumbled upon this while looking for something else, figured it might appeal to someone wanting their own CANDYLAND.

Historic Woodlawn Plantation is being offered for sale for the first time in 50 Years! Location is everything and this amazing Fayette County, TN property offers that and so much more! Located less than 50 miles east of Memphis in the Historic District of LaGrange, TN, Woodlawn Plantation adjoins the Ames Plantation on two sides and is bordered by both Hwy. 57 and Hwy. 18. Nestled on approximately 685 acres of prime farmland, mature timber and rolling pastures, Woodlawn offers amazing views and a rare opportunity to own a piece of history. Along with 316 acres of income producing row crops, Woodlawn boasts well-established hunting areas for deer, turkey, quail and doves making this a true sportsman’s – and field trial – paradise!

In addition to the recreational benefits of this unique estate, this property includes several structures that are steeped in history. The Main House is comprised of approximately 5500 square feet and is a Historical masterpiece. Built in 1828 by Major Charles Michie, a veteran of the War of 1812, Woodlawn Plantation has stood the test of time. When Federal troops occupied LaGrange in 1862, Woodlawn served as the Western Tennessee headquarters for Major General William Tecumseh Sherman of the Federal Army.

http://www.chuckmyers.com/woodlawn-... William Tecumseh Sherman of the Federal Army.

Beautiful home. I have enjoyed that view for much of my life driving back and forth from the Memphis area to Pickwick and Shiloh

I have ridden with some SCV guys along Hiway 57 as they pointed out historic homes while we drove past them. I have wished I could get them to take me on a slower tour of that area. Many homes were used or visited by Union leaders.

Back