For All the Gettysburg Beard Complainers

Northern Light

Lt. Colonel
For all of you who complained about Tom Berenger's Beard in "Gettysburg", get a look at this. This is an actual real Civil War beard.
1552604187022.png

It doesn't get much worse, poor guy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what's missing is the moustache! Does any beard look good without the moustache??

Plus it's a different colour than the hair on his head (though that's not uncommon). Definitely something incongruent about it.

And he has a very handsome face ... I say shave the beard off and be done with it! The ladies will come running :running:

My brother has dark brown hair, but his beard grows in RED. He dyes it to match his head hair. :roflmao:

My brother has dark brown hair, but his beard grows in RED. He dyes it to match his head hair. :roflmao:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Never heard of dying beards before, but I guess that makes sense. Men are much more into 'manscaping' these days, so a trip to the barber can be a lot more than just a short back and sides. In fact, my son has been to one place where they thrive on the latest men's fashions, etc. which includes a barbershop and they have an in-house DJ! Oh, the humanity indeed :D

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Never heard of dying beards before, but I guess that makes sense. Men are much more into 'manscaping' these days, so a trip to the barber can be a lot more than just a short back and sides. In fact, my son has been to one place where they thrive on the latest men's fashions, etc. which includes a barbershop and they have an in-house DJ! Oh, the humanity indeed :D
I haven't been to a barber in 25yrs...lol

I couldn't imagine dying my beard either...:rofl:

I know quite a few guys who aren't redheads but have red beards. (Have never met someone with red hair that didn't have an equally red beard.) The internet tells me :wink: just having the red beard means they have recessive genes for red hair, so they just have a red beard but their sons might end up with both red hair and a red beard.

I know quite a few guys who aren't redheads but have red beards. (Have never met someone with red hair that didn't have an equally red beard.) The internet tells me :wink: just having the red beard means they have recessive genes for red hair, so they just have a red beard but their sons might end up with both red hair and a red beard.
I have some red in my beard. Although, it's slowly fading out. When I was in my late 20's through 30's the red in my beard was very noticeable.

I have brown hair, although was more blonde when I was a kid. None of my children have red hair (all blonde to brown), or red in their beards. Even though their mother is a red head :D

I have some red in my beard. Although, it's slowly fading out. When I was in my late 20's through 30's the red in my beard was very noticeable.

I have brown hair, although was more blonde when I was a kid. None of my children have red hair (all blonde to brown), or red in their beards. Even though their mother is a red head :D
:laugh:

Genes and hair color are funny! My hair is about as dark a brown as it can get without being black, and both of my parents have dark hair and 3/4 of my grandparents had jet black hair (and then there was the one random blondie LOL). But I do get pretty noticeable red highlights in my hair in the summer. To the point that people have accused me of dyeing my hair. :roflmao:

:laugh:

Genes and hair color are funny! My hair is about as dark a brown as it can get without being black, and both of my parents have dark hair and 3/4 of my grandparents had jet black hair (and then there was the one random blondie LOL). But I do get pretty noticeable red highlights in my hair in the summer. To the point that people have accused me of dyeing my hair. :roflmao:
I've had the red highlights pointed out to me before. Mine seems to lighten up a bit in the summer. I do spend a lot of time outside so, certainly understandable.

I have to agree on genes being funny. I've seen some randoms over the years myself...hahaha.

Likewise, which is the first to turn to grey. And...there is a chance, possibly, it will make you look more distinguished...like...:smug:
You peeking at my beard through this computer screen OBJ...?! Okay, okay..... you're right. hahahaha. I prefer, "formerly red" to "turning grey".... :sneaky:

Back